Many, many thanks!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander Kong
Harmless
Harmless

Many, many thanks!

Post by Commander Kong »

Just want to say thankyou for making this utterly, beautiful version of Elite.

Oolite is a classy piece of work and I'm enjoying it immensely. I've been getting a bit jaded with gaming lately and this game has properly pulled me out of the pit. Awesome stuff.

Thanks also to the people who've done the extra stuff too - the new ships, the different stations etc. Fantastic.

Thankyou one and all. :D
johnsmith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by johnsmith »

I too would like to thank our new overlords. Great game. I'll be releasing a new mission shortly. The developer tools aren't that friendly, but they could be a whole lot worse.
ThargoidKiller
Poor
Poor

Post by ThargoidKiller »

Hi.

I just found Oolite tonight. Wow!

I've been playing Elite Since I was 10 years old. I started out on an Acorn Electron and went Halves on the game with my best mate Adrian Griffiths.
Those wire framed gaming days were so good!

As I got older I got an Amiga 500 and naturally the first game I got was Elite.
The graphics may have been snazzier, but it's the game that matters. Alot of my friends are gamers and always give me a sideway look when I proclaim that Elite was the best game made. would someone like EA make an open-ended game like Elite Today? not on your nelly!

Anyway, with the coming of adulthood and responsability I drifted away from Elite. I still Kept a lot of visual reminders though, to keep me smiling.

Now, I'm not good with Emu software for PC's, so i bought an old A500 of e-bay so I could feed my Elite habit 5 years ago.
I used to go up in the attic and get it to set it up on the kithchen table - much to the chagrin of my wife.

Today I am a 32 year old man who has been lucky enough to find Oolite.

Simple words can't convey how happy i'm feeling right now. I really would like to thank it's creator in the best way:

'Right on Commander!'
SHIELDS LOW!!!
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

:lol: :lol:
...well, another satisfied customer!

A very big welcome to the Oolite BBs; there's a lot of us here with very similar stories, all enjoying this remarkable reincarnation of a game that was particularly significant both to us and the world of computer games.

Have fun!! :wink:
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
booser
Above Average
Above Average

thanks

Post by booser »

Well said guys, and count me in with the thanks to all the developers.
Keep the good work up.....please

All the best,

Booser