Server Tycoon

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Server Tycoon

Post by Cody »

I can only laugh... and no, I won't be backing it. The Server Tycoon Kickstarter. <chortles>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Fritz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Server Tycoon

Post by Fritz »

Sounds almost as interesting as a Farming Simulator...
"You wouldn't kill me just for a few credits, would you?" – "No, I'll do it just for the fun!"
ocz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by ocz »

ehhh.. wow. The "set your ingame server up like a real server, as it is reachable in the internet" feature sounds interesting, but then again the "fent cyber attacks off" feature worries me. The VR and AR features are nice gimicks, but as useful as those key-danglers. The look like toys thrown in, because its possible. It looks like a cash catcher project, but maybe there is more to it. Maybe someone wants to start up a new webhost service and with that method, he gains clients for buisness.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

ocz wrote:
It looks like a cash catcher project, but maybe there is more to it.
I need cash. Please expound on this topic?
"Would somebody stop that bloody music!"
ocz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by ocz »

Wildeblood wrote:
I need cash. Please expound on this topic?
Good to see you around again. After Jolla everything that looks like a only halfways working idea sounds like fraud. Actually you only pay money when the goal has been reached, huh? Hmm, 100000$ is a quite high hurdle. Maybe it's no fraud, but I don't believe they make it.

For people interested in kickstarter frauds: The 5 Biggest Kickstarter Scams That Swindled Backers’ Donations @insidermonkey.com
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

The cyber-security aspects of it worry me - it sounds like a very neat scam for someone who wants to run real cyber-attacks, just tell people in the game that they are fending off rivals and give them your target's details as the "enemy". Another possibility is that it's a real security agency such as the NSA or GCHQ outsourcing cybersecurity and getting people to pay to do it.