TV/Movie Mod Tie-Ins?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Anzan
Harmless
Harmless

TV/Movie Mod Tie-Ins?

Post by Anzan »

Hello,

Being a newbie to this forum, I apologise if I am asking anything that has already gone before. I was an avid player of Elite as a child...most of my life spent flying around Lave and Zaonce :-) Oolite has given this whole game a new lease of life (personal opinion) especially with the ability to keep expanding it with missions and new ships which leads me to my question: Has anyone designed or are in the process of designing any of the following vessels:

1. Babylon 5 Station
2. Star Wars vessels and Death Star
3. Star Trek vessels and Space Dock etc
4. Battlestar Galactica
5. Bladerunner vessels

I know its the usual thing of film/series tie-ins with mods etc but sometimes its nice to include a few "familiar" faces. That said, the current ship mods (which I have now installed) are all excellent and really adding to game enjoyment.

Thanks for any help with this enquiry.
lex_talionis
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lex_talionis »

hmm... Littlebear, for his assassins mission, has played around with the Deathstar, but, I *think*, another design was used in the end.

There's also an OXP add-on with a number of the starwars fighters... they are kind of über though, so you might feel they unbalance the game somewhat.

Somewhere, if I remember correctly, there's a thread where a few people messed around with Battlesatr Galactica - try searching for it, I seem to remember Selezen knocking up a quick low-detail model.

As to Babylon 5, Star Trek and Bladerunner, I don't remember seeing anything. Of course, you can always do a search on the forum for them - I could we be wrong.
edible poet? onna stick?
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

Could be me, but other than a blimp, a flying car and a cleaning truck, there were no vehicles in Blade Runner. Certainly no starships.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I can't recall any vehicles besides some hovercars, maybe an orbitalshuttle and a flying sushibar.
And the blimp with the singing asian comercial.
I count the police-ship under hovercars.

Bladerunner is one of my fav movies. 8)

Also Ruthger is one of my movie heros, despite lack of facial hair.
:wink:

I'd like to see the cruiseship from the 5th-Element in. or at least a like-ship.
Besides the ships and funny aliens the movie sucked though. Too Disneyesque.
Riding the Rocket!
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

Bladerunner is a great film. "Like tears... in... rain." :)

Personally I'd rather see ships that are inspired by movie ships as opposed to the actual ships - as Arexack says, the big cruisers from The Fifth Element would be v cool, as would the ad blimp from Bladerunner (though the Lave OXP already has ad ships).

Btw, TFE was indeed Disneyish, though I did enjoy the character of Zorg immensely - especially in the scene where he demonstrates the ZF1 :)
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

This should be in expansion packs..