Something strange happened on the way to System X

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Neal
Average
Average

Something strange happened on the way to System X

Post by Neal »

So I was working on some ideas I've had for OXPs and something rather strange happened. I was in the X system and playing with an idea to show how many pirates are in the system and set a waypoint at the nearest pirate. My idea here is to make bounty hunting a bit more fun by making it possible to tell if you have eradicated the pirate infestation from the system. This could possibly lead to missions to remove all pirate activity from the system. But I digress. So I started up my game having around 275 kills. I don't remember the exact number. After playing with my OXP for a wile I noticed I had 568 kills. Nothing in my script should have any effect on this that I can think of and I certainly never edited the save game file.

This was shortly after going to G2 to do the constrictor mission and I changed saves after jumping galaxies so I can go back to where I should be, but I thought this was very strange. Anyone have any ideas on why this may have occurred. I've tried to recreate it, but I can't.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Neal.

Note: Edited to remove system name as I just realized it could be a spoiler for a mission.
Last edited by Neal on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Something strange happened on the way to Orarra

Post by Wildeblood »

Yes, Constrictor mission awards bonus kills on completion, if that's what you're asking.
"Would somebody stop that bloody music!"
Neal
Average
Average

Re: Something strange happened on the way to Orarra

Post by Neal »

Thanks Wildeblood. I thought something I was doing with the OXP was somehow causing it

Neal.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Something strange happened on the way to System X

Post by Wildeblood »

Hmm. I was being a curt git yesterday, wasn't I.

Sorry, Neal.
"Would somebody stop that bloody music!"
Neal
Average
Average

Re: Something strange happened on the way to System X

Post by Neal »

No problem, I certainly didn't take any offence

Neal.