Infinity: Battlescape

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Infinity: Battlescape

Post by another_commander »

An amazing space sim has just hit its Kickstarter target and is getting funded: Infinity: Battlescape.

The engine powering this project is simply jaw-dropping and has been in development for many years, as a hobby project. It features completely seamless transitions from space to planet and back, in a 1:1 scale. The gameplay so far is sinple PvP pew pew, but the potential here is just huge.

Good luck to the I-Novae Studios guys in getting their project completed and in production; I, for one, am looking forward to installing this game when it comes out. Not putting any pics here, I'll let you discover it for yourself, if you have not heard of it before. ;-)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: Infinity: Battlescape

Post by Disembodied »

Oh, that does look stunning ... a shame it's probably going to be Windows only (Mac and Linux support depends on hitting a $1.5m stretch goal, which seems unlikely).
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Disembodied wrote:
Oh, that does look stunning ... a shame it's probably going to be Windows only (Mac and Linux support depends on hitting a $1.5m stretch goal, which seems unlikely).
Well there are stretch goals and "we don't really want to do it so we're going set the cost to ridiculous." Stretch goal.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

It does look good, gfx-wise (been keeping an eye on it for a while), though it is all set in one star system, yes?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Commander_X
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander_X »

Cody wrote:
It does look good[...]
That it does, although with a twist.
I tried one of their client/server builds couple (or more ?!) years ago, when they were still inifinity-universe. While the space/planetary looks were on the stunning/awesome side, the station/ship renderings were definitely not at the same level (not even close). I wish them smoother delivery this time.
I remember I stumbled on their site while watching some nice volumetric fractal-based nebulae they pulled out of some nasty math. You can still admire them here.