Ideas for Bounty Hunting OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Rustem
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Ideas for Bounty Hunting OXP

Post by Rustem »

Sometimes may be add partialy interaction information, gossips, hints to Snooper, in order to searching some pirates, assassins, hunters. Also create good dynamics and background.
Devium
Competent
Competent

Post by Devium »

@ Rustem Yeah hint stories through snoopers would be cool. I don't know why but I always love it when a snoopers broadcast pops up while I'm at the station. Covering dangerous intergalactic criminals seems like it would fit right in. @Zark I think thats a cool idea if it could be done securely. Probably deserves it's own thread tho.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

Zark Montor wrote:
I'm kinda enthused about an irc protocol patch thingy for an in game chat system. is it do-able? i mean, it keeps the offline status of the game, but gives you a wire to other people without having to flip windows. I'd say it would have to be character restricted, say twitter sized, call it cluck oxp (this pun works on 2 premises!) you could even attach it to the vocal system in place!! like i say, it would not be making the game online, just bringing an exterior message system into the game.

Please somebody, get this one going, space is a very lonely place!

ZM
An alternative solution is to use a team-oriented voice chat server; like Mumble, Teamspeak, Raidcall...

Ah! it reminds me my online Flight Simulator days. One of the player would take the role of the ATC. With one or two dozens of players, they guy was really busy. And has some players were pilots IRL, they were a bit serious about it, but wouldn't yell at lost noobs and casuals if they didn't feel like/know how to follow the procedures ad litteram. It was a pleasant community too.
Zark Montor
Competent
Competent

Post by Zark Montor »

I think voice chat would grate, so i think a small message packet system would be preferable. also, judging by the multiplayer oolite debate/thread, it would soon drop off if you are experiencing trollage, even more so with some little ferengi spouting bilge at you! Trust me, i`ve been on CoD in multiplayer and its just..... NO!

But i would like to have helped out with my ideas, in some little way!

ZM
I have returned! Less annoying and still enjoying the mighty Oo!
1.86 on self reconned dell studio xps thru Pep 8/64. Runs very well.
Nice to see its still well supported. Oo, Suits you, Sir!