Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

MFD - primable equipment ?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Anonymissimus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

MFD - primable equipment ?

Post by Anonymissimus »

After various changes to existing OXPs I was wondering about making an own one.

I would like to have an MFD that displays all of that equipment that is primable and which equipment currently is primed and how many times you need to press key_prime_equipment in order to prime that equipment that you want to prime previously to doing it.

However, after browsing the documentation I get the impression that there is at least not an easy way to determine whether some equipment is primable. An array of all equipment can be iterated upon, but then I would have to add manual support for all equipment that is known to be primable. And as there doesn't seem to be a general event handler for some equipment being primed, all primable equipment would need support for such an MFD by notifying it in their "activated" function.

I also noticed that the order of primable equipments that is iterated through by key_prime_equipment is not stable between saveloads (it changes each time) and there also doesn't seem to be a way of getting this array or set directly. So knowing which equipment is the next to prime seems impossible.

What determines if some equipment is primable ? The presence of a "script" entry in its equipment.plist entry ? At some point I also managed it by removing a this.activated() function.
warning sound if a missile is inbound: Missile warning
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: MFD - primable equipment ?

Post by Norby »

An easy solution: increase the number of items in the primed equipment selector of your HUD. Here is an example with 3 lines from the hud.plist of SOTL.

Code: Select all

{	// primed equipment, x and y give the location, the size defines the character size, n_bars is the number of items to show (default 1)
			selector	= "drawPrimedEquipment:";
			y_origin = -1;
			x_origin = 1;
			x = -180;
			y = 130;
			width		= 10;
			height		= 10;
			n_bars = 3;
		},
The main obstacle in your attempt is equipment scripts are not accessible from js like worldScripts so there is not a sure way to detect if an equipment is primable by checking the existence of the activate function. We have an [url=http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_JavaScript_Reference:_EquipmentInfo#scriptName]EquipmentInfo.infoForKey("EQ_SOMEEQUIPMENT").scriptName[/url] parameter only, if this is filled then probably the equipment is primable.
Anonymissimus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: MFD - primable equipment ?

Post by Anonymissimus »

Thanks. Almost as good, though "hardcoded"; makes the HUD dependant on the number of primable equipments.
Now I have this in hudselector-extralarge.plist to replace MFD #7 by the list of primable equipments, takes about the same space:

Code: Select all

{	// primed equipment, x and y give the location, the size defines the character size, n_bars is the number of items to show (default 1)
			selector	= "drawPrimedEquipment:";
			//y_origin = -1;
			//x = 216;
			//y = -2;
			width		= 10;
			height		= 10;

n_bars = 11;
            y_origin = 1;
            x_origin = 1;
            x = -106;
            y = -99;
            //{ width = 100; height = 90; x = -53; y = -144; y_origin = 1; x_origin = 1; }, //7
		},
warning sound if a missile is inbound: Missile warning