Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Cargo Canister Indicator

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

GMWeezel
Average
Average

Cargo Canister Indicator

Post by GMWeezel »

Also, another thing I would like to see in an upgrade that will automatically put a yellow box or something around cargo canisters within a certain range. Being a pirate and chasing after the pesky son a's can be a pain some days.

EDIT:
Also, make it optional on or off. Might get annoying when you don't need it.
lucabu
Competent
Competent

Re: Cargo Canister Indicator

Post by lucabu »

GMWeezel wrote:
Also, another thing I would like to see in an upgrade that will automatically put a yellow box or something around cargo canisters within a certain range.
This could be thought as a really expensive piece of hardware.
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Post by TedJ »

Between the Scanner Targeting Enhancement and the scanner zoom, this isn't really necessary. Besides, there would be situations where you'd have a dozen or more canisters in close proximity (to each other AND you), and all those overlapping target reticules would actually make things harder.
GMWeezel
Average
Average

Post by GMWeezel »

TedJ wrote:
Between the Scanner Targeting Enhancement and the scanner zoom, this isn't really necessary. Besides, there would be situations where you'd have a dozen or more canisters in close proximity (to each other AND you), and all those overlapping target reticules would actually make things harder.
Zoom wont do you much good if all you can see is a black patch; that really stands out in this game. Also, a bunch of rectangles wouldn't really make it difficult. You could always limit the number displayed as well. Another suggestion would be to increase the magnetic strength and range of the fuel scoops as an extra piece of hardware but that might take away from the game. A lot of times even with the scanner zoom, you still whiz right past the little son a's and I have spent minutes trying to go after one that seems to slide past me every tmie only to realize it blended in with the background or its slightly above me; to small to see on radar. The altitude lines blend in with the red ones sometimes so its hard to tell.
lucabu wrote:
This could be thought as a really expensive piece of hardware.
That was the original idea was for it to be hardware; just didn't put it down.
Odo987
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Odo987 »

GMWeezel wrote:
Also, another thing I would like to see in an upgrade that will automatically put a yellow box or something around cargo canisters within a certain range.
You mean like this?
http://www.alioth.net/tmp/loot.png

Winston, what ever happened to ANTS?
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=1622
Attacking a Navigational Beacon is illegal. Police are on their way.
GMWeezel
Average
Average

Post by GMWeezel »

Odo987 wrote:
GMWeezel wrote:
You mean like this?
http://www.alioth.net/tmp/loot.png

Winston, what ever happened to ANTS?
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=1622
BINGO! But i would prefer it to be cargo only. Ships are easy enough to find with the giant blue and purple flames and I would find it annoying I think. And if you start having it lead the shot and such, you start making it a bit too easy so I think it would be better as cargo only.