Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Q about Ionics mission spoilers

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Glad I'm not the only one. In fact, the Ramazan ships aren't putting up much of a fight at all; basically they don't respond until I score a direct hit, then fly at me, launch a missile and finally, when they have the time, eject. The weapons platforms just sit there and let me blast them without even returning fire.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

OK, I destroyed all the Ramazan ships and got the message to return to base for debriefing. There I was told to go to Bebege, but when I went, there were no messages for me there, nor any additions to my compass to find the Link base. I returned to the base at Ramaza in case there were any more clues there but found nothing. Where do I go from here?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

That's the end of the OXP (for now). The author left the plot open-ended so he could do a follow on at some point. Plenty more OXP and native missions out there though!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

lolwhites wrote:
OK, I destroyed all the Ramazan ships
About how long did it take you to get them all? I still have 177 ships to hunt down, and it takes me so long to find them. I find one to three of them every few hours it seems. Am I doing this right? Is it supposed to be this hard to find them? Is there a trick to it? I have only found one weapons platform too.

It's kind of sad to hear that there is no congratulations, reward or anything at the end of the hunt. (Yeah, I peeked at the spoilers.) It must have felt rather anticlimactic.
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

Hmm. I did just discover that the nav compass can help at least in one respect on this....
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

If you go from the station to the Link base and back you should come across a group of them each time. I usually found several just outside the station, though personally I'd trail them until outside the safe zone to avoid trouble from the Vipers.

Personally I found the missions leading up to the war more challenging. Still, now I'm finished I feel ready to play Thargoid Wars...
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

So am i done?

Post by Cmdr Monte »

I got a message saying that the war was over and that anybody interested in still working for the LINK should go to a certain planet, the name of which I have omited since it's a secret.

Anyway, apart from a mysterious planet description, it's a rather sleepy anarchy system.

Is that it or is there more?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Thats the end!

However, myself Ramon and Heretic are working on a 16 mission OXP that should be up on Oosat next month.

We're nearly there but 10 new ships, 8 new stations (including one you can blow up!), 12 new planets 30 mission decriptions, over 200 new com hails, 5 new NCP powers, over 30 new individual characters, scripting the chance of NCP powers or realitives of former vcitims putting out contracts on the player and changing system data as the things both the player and the NCPs do changes the Oniverse takes some playtesting!

As long as you don't mind putting your concience to one side and join up with the Assassins Guild, there'll be plenty more killing to order to be done soon! :twisted:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
MtKlima
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MtKlima »

Hi All,
I have totally lost the Funnelweb. I saw it twice on trips to Zaria, but had to flee as quickly as I could in order to stay alive. Each time that I went back looking for it, it was gone. I am now flying around Gal 2, and have gone back to Zaria to search for it with no avail.

Any Suggestions? Thanks, Michael
After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

IIRC the Funnelweb turns up only once. But why did you have to flee? When I did Ionics and encountered the Funnelweb there was a battle between the army and the rebels going on around it and I was pretty much ignored. So I had all the time in the world to take out the Funnelweb. (It helps a lot to get not too closely, but to fire at it from the distance.)

Last resort could be to change your pilot's file by setting back the mission counter one step and then again take the mission to kill the Funnelweb.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Had the same problem as MtKlima and kept getting killed. In the end the only way I could think of was to clear the battlefield with an energy bomb then concentrate on the Funnelweb. Pity about my Link buddies but they died for a good cause.
reills
Deadly
Deadly

Post by reills »

When severely outnumbered my standard tactic is to run away with injection until only red shows up behind me and then let go with an energy bomb. The scrap cargo I pick up when I return helps offset the cost of the bomb some.

He who fights and runs away...may just be a real sneak