Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[RELEASE] Rescue Stations 1.2.4 (25 Mar 2012)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] Rescue Stations 1.2.4 (25 Mar 2012)

Post by Smivs »

Hi SirWumpus, and welcome to the friendliest board this side of Riedquat.
I'm afraid I can't help with your problem but expect someone who can will be along soon. I just wanted to say 'Hi'. :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ah, the old days, when we used to play "Hunt the Wumpus" on the TI 99 4/A! :mrgreen:

(No offense meant, SirWumpus, and sorry that I can't answer you anything useful as well.) :)
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Bugs w/1.77

Post by cim »

SirWumpus wrote:
1. Mission briefings fail to correctly display government type. They display a string "[rescue_govname_7]" or similar.
That's a bug which for some reason wasn't causing a problem in 1.76. I'll put a fixed version up soon.
SirWumpus wrote:
2. Have an instance where Oolite 1.77 crashes apon docking after immediate arrival from witchpoint. Either manual or autopilot. Duplicated 3 times, 2 autopilot, 1 manual (got to mission screen, but Next Contract click crashed). Have saved copy of Cmdr file.
I can't get it to do this, though I don't have Windows 7. The save file might be useful, as would a copy of your Latest.log file just after the crash.
Anonymissimus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Anonymissimus »

After accepting the black box mission I was shocked to realize I had to transport it back into the same system instead of just delivering at any main or RRS station. This should be made very clear previously to accepting it, not right afterwards as it can seriously ruin contract plans. Most of the time I have several cargo/parcel contracts which need to fit to each other. Fortunately it seems I had enough time left and was that quick to allow for several jumps into the wrong direction.
Looks like there are other two-way contracts, applies for them as well then.
warning sound if a missile is inbound: Missile warning
Anonymissimus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Anonymissimus »

The RRS discount version of the flight formation computer is not replaced by the non-discount version when bought, is not primable and does not work. The non-discount version does, if bought separately.
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

Anonymissimus wrote:
The RRS discount version of the flight formation computer is not replaced by the non-discount version when bought, is not primable and does not work. The non-discount version does, if bought separately.
While I'm probably one of the only ones still /deliberately/ using this version of the OXP for personal reasons, please be advised that this is not the current version and Spara's updated OXZ version of Rescue Stations via the game's download manager has corrected this bug, along with several others. I'd suggest updating to the version discussed on this thread, instead: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16134
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
Anonymissimus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Anonymissimus »

Layne wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote:
While I'm probably one of the only ones still /deliberately/ using this version of the OXP for personal reasons, please be advised that this is not the current version and Spara's updated OXZ version of Rescue Stations via the game's download manager has corrected this bug, along with several others. I'd suggest updating to the version discussed on this thread, instead: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16134
I've installed it via the manager, version says 1.52 so you are mistaken. The wiki links to this thread.
Mods should consider locking this thread and updating the wiki link then.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Version number and thread link updated on the Wiki.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied