Respray bug?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

CFK
Poor
Poor

Respray bug?

Post by CFK »

I thought I was just going for a funky new paint job, but after leaving the station I realized my top speed had been nerfed from 350 to 300. I'm not sure how torus/injector speeds work, but they seem to be simple multipliers because they've all been reduced by the same proportion (torus 11200 -> 9600, injector 2450 -> 2100, which work out to a factor of 32 and 7 respectively); I looked at shipdata.plist and sure enough, all the alternative Cobra3 templates have a max_flight_speed of 300.

Changing that value to 350, saving, starting the game again and getting another respray seems to have worked eventually, but it didn't work the first time I tried it, and let's be honest, I was enjoying having that slight speed advantage over other Cobra3s. So I changed the other speeds back (though I added a max_flight_speed field to oolite_template_cobra3-player, as it didn't have one before, which in my educated-layman opinion may be the root cause of this crap), and my ship still has a top speed of 350, but I imagine it'll happen again if I ever get another respray, and I can't imagine this was intended behavior.

Here's the save in which it happened, from before I got my old speed back, but I don't know how much use it'll be. The only thing that's weird to me is that my ship_class string ends with "cobra3-pirate-player", and there's no such template in shipdata.plist, but for all I know the game could be parsing that string for templates to apply.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ov3ffcpr0cpf2 ... -save?dl=0

(Also, hi. This game's effing brilliant otherwise and I'd quit my IRL job instanter if "space captain" was a real place you could send your CV.)
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Respray bug?

Post by phkb »

Welcome to the boards!

Great pick up! Don't know how I missed that. Anyway, new version is now available that fixes the max speed and thrust for the alternate Cobra Mk3's.
CFK
Poor
Poor

Re: Respray bug?

Post by CFK »

Got the new version and it works like a charm. Cheers! :)