Deep Horizon Advanced Navigation Computer

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Deep Horizon Advanced Navigation Computer

Post by Layne »

AUGH! And assorted other frustrated onomatopoeias!

This is the second Deep Horizon OXP that 1.82 breaks! Really, .82? Why Deep Horizon? Why the animosity?

In case my rant was opaque, Oolite 1.82 does not appear to be working properly with Deep Horizon Advanced Navigation Computer, and while I could swap out Deep Horizon Planets when it started quibbling with the new Oolite, there /is/ no other oxp that matches what the ANC does. It appears that the new feature to plot long-range courses of multiple jumps isn't recognized by the ANC and you lose the vectoring of Witchspace jumps and thus any point in the oxp.

Does anyone else use this oxp that has a suggested fix aside from the need to plot only single Witchspace jumps at a time? (In which case, that's a good chunk of the new feature for 1.82 rendered pointless?)
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Deep Horizon Advanced Navigation Computer

Post by phkb »

This should be a simple fix. Stand by...
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

phkb wrote:
This should be a simple fix. Stand by...
Much obliged if you can figure it out, phkb. This is one of those 'must have' oxps for me. The vectoring and beacon alignment really adds to the immersion and the extra fuel savings per jump is a life-saver.
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, you can download a fixed version in OXZ format from here: (removed). Is Cmdr.Cheyd still around? I'll attempt to contact him to see what he'd like done with the fix.

Edit: Download link removed on request of the original author.
Last edited by phkb on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

phkb wrote:
OK, you can download a fixed version in OXZ format from here: https://app.box.com/s/cz5qsn6h0yvybiz9l85b10f0u8en3enk. Is Cmdr.Cheyd still around? I'll attempt to contact him to see what he'd like done with the fix.
Some quick testing seems to show it works, phkb! I would buy a hat to tip it, sir. Thank you very much for that!
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

The advanced space compass is offered to me twice when purchasing equipment because I have stuck with the deep horizon version, the reason being , I like the effect of calibrating towards a far point jump marker...that aside no detrimental effects to report..and as an irrelevant aside the deep horizon Buoy oxp still provides the single best buoy in the whole of Oolite for my liking . :D
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Duggan wrote:
... as an irrelevant aside the deep horizon Buoy oxp still provides the single best buoy in the whole of Oolite for my liking
Aye, it is rather special - have you been right up close and tried reading the text on them?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
phkb

Post by phkb »

Duggan wrote:
because I have stuck with the deep horizon version, the reason being , I like the effect of calibrating towards a far point jump marker.
I didn't remove anything from the OXP. I just fixed the issue with player.ship.targetSystem. The calibration and alignment effects are still present even if you haven't bought the equipment. The equipment purchase gives you a fuel saving when jumping.
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

phkb wrote:
Duggan wrote:
because I have stuck with the deep horizon version, the reason being , I like the effect of calibrating towards a far point jump marker.
I didn't remove anything from the OXP. I just fixed the issue with player.ship.targetSystem. The calibration and alignment effects are still present even if you haven't bought the equipment. The equipment purchase gives you a fuel saving when jumping.
Aye, I'm using the patched version and it's now vectoring as intended, Duggan. Not sure about the duplicate Advanced Space Compass-- I'm only getting one for sale per ship over here. You'll also have the Advanced Navigation Computer for sale separately, which as phkb says adds the fuel savings (and a much longer countdown, to balance out the savings).
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

This oxp seems very interesting. Would it be possible to have it in the manager ?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Day wrote:
Would it be possible to have it in the manager ?
I'm hoping to hear back from Cmdr Cheyd. If I don't hear back in a reasonable time I'll look at getting it up in the manager.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

phkb wrote:
If I don't hear back in a reasonable time I'll look at getting it up in the manager.
Worth noting here that most of Cmd. Cheyd's OXPs have very particular license terms for adoption by other parties which differ considerably from the CC ones used by many authors, and require significant attempts to contact to be made first. I can't remember if DHANC is one of them, but the License.txt files do contain useful contact information if it is.
Cody

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
Worth noting here that most of Cmd. Cheyd's OXPs have very particular license terms for adoption by other parties which differ considerably from the CC ones used by many authors, and require significant attempts to contact to be made first.
<nods> Yep!
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the tip, cim and Cody! I think the license for the Nav Computer is OK (based on my limited understanding of these things!), but I'll continue to try to contact Cmd Cheyd.
Cody

Post by Cody »

phkb wrote:
... but I'll continue to try to contact Cmd Cheyd.
He was on the forum as little as two months ago, so he should respond (very soon, I'd think).