[RELEASE] Hyperspace Hangar OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: [RELEASE] Hyperspace Hangar OXP

Post by Norby »

Day wrote:
demand the company fix those risks
If the technology is not perfect then no such demand, the company do the best regardless of the common small problems. But if you are afraid from the damages (when you have expensive equipments) then you should be able to select an insured transfer, so if you pay some fees before a transfer then you can avoid the problem: the insurance automatically fix any damages (the damage function won't be called).

If you select a transfer without insurance then you still can be lucky, 1/4 chance if the damage called once only or 1/8 chance if called twice.

The insurance fee should be higher in low tech systems if damages are more common there.
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Norby wrote:
If you select a transfer without insurance then you still can be lucky, 1/4 chance if the damage called once only or 1/8 chance if called twice.
Wouldn't calling the function multiple times increase the chance of damages?
That is not my desk.
I find this lack of milk... disturbing.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Ramen wrote:
Norby wrote:
Wouldn't calling the function multiple times increase the chance of damages?
Yes, calling once mean 3/4 chance to damage, called twice it is 7/8. Above I tried to tell the odds when you are lucky enough to transfer without any damage.
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Sorry about that. I didn't read your post carefully enough. :oops:
EDIT: I also wanted to let everyone know that ordering ships, travel time, and order fees are in the works, as is ship damage.
That is not my desk.
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Alright! After sacrificing about 9 hours sitting in place yesterday, version 1.11.0 is out. (That's right, it goes up to eleven *please don't kill me*)

New features include:
-A need to order ships sent ahead, or spend x hours waiting around for it to arrive, with x being the amount of time to jump to the system previously used for storage, in order to switch. (You might not want to store anything in another galaxy. I didn't test that though.) This is done by either selecting a system on the map and using the hangar send function, or using the hangar order function. Selling remains unchanged, due to Galmazon, MissileBay, Krait's List, and the Galactic internet in general.
-The possibility of damage if the current station's tech level is 6 or lower. (I toyed with idea of government types as well, but realized that though anarchies may be anarchies, they're still not automatically idiots.) Chance of damage is 7/8.

You can get it from http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/e/e ... 1.11.0.oxz or the expansion manager.
That is not my desk.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Nice work :) !!
Ramen wrote:
You might not want to store anything in another galaxy.
Does this mean that when switching to another galaxy, a pilot loses his other ships?
Ramen wrote:
-The possibility of damage if the current station's tech level is 6 or lower. (I toyed with idea of government types as well, but realized that though anarchies may be anarchies, they're still not automatically idiots.) Chance of damage is 7/8.
Is this explicit to the pilot / player when ordering his ship back?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Day wrote:
when switching to another galaxy, a pilot loses his other ships?
They are stay in your savegame, but you can not receive these until you are not come back to the galaxy where you leaved the ships.

In the future maybe a "Galactic Ship Transfer Company" will be founded by Ramen which will do the job for you.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Norby wrote:
Day wrote:
when switching to another galaxy, a pilot loses his other ships?
They are stay in your savegame, but you can not receive these until you are not come back to the galaxy where you leaved the ships.

In the future maybe a "Galactic Ship Transfer Company" will be founded by Ramen which will do the job for you.
Interesting gameplay: a different fleet in each galaxy :-) I think it is quite an interesting way to play.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

I just realized than having the same currency in each galaxy is totally stoopid.
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Day wrote:
Ramen wrote:
Due to the way the damage function is called, ships will only be damaged on switching in such systems. Ordering and sending currently have no effect on damage. (This will probably be changed in the next version, as it makes very little sense.)
That is not my desk.
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Version 1.12.0 is out. New features include:
-Long range chart displays during the send function (Marker cannot be changed, though)
-Some hangar screens can now be interrupted by other gui screens
-Sending and ordering, rather than switching, may damage the player's ship if the current station's (not the system's) TL is 6 or less. (For example, a seedy space bar in an anarchy with a main station TL of 1 will still have a TL of 10, and therefore the hangar will be safe to use there.)

You can get it from here or the expansion manager.
That is not my desk.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Ramen wrote:
Day wrote:
Ramen wrote:
Due to the way the damage function is called, ships will only be damaged on switching in such systems. Ordering and sending currently have no effect on damage. (This will probably be changed in the next version, as it makes very little sense.)
Ok. When a player (let's say a newbie) is in a low technology station, is there something like for example a message telling him that he risks damages?
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Yes, there is. It displays when trying to send or order.
That is not my desk.
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Ramen wrote:
Yes, there is. It displays when trying to send or order.
Perfect :-)
Ramen
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Ramen »

Alright! Version 1.13.0 is out! Changes include:
- Reinstated switching damage, due to annoying implementation complications. Removed send and order damage. :(
- Added short range chart functionality if target world is less than or equal to 7.0 LY away. (within jump range)
- Added intergalactic ordering. Price is 1000 Cr. times the number of galaxies distant. Time is 72 hours times the number of galaxies distant. (Hopefully this makes the penguin avatar happy. :))

You can get it here or from the oft-typed expansion manager.
That is not my desk.