Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Stingy rock hermits?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Re: Stingy rock hermits?

Post by Griff »

Cody wrote:
...I've kinda lost track of which and what, as regards Griff's stuff.
:lol: Glad I'm not the only one, I look at my Oolite workfolder on my PC and can't even remember what half of the OXP's do, the file naming system is a really mess.

Sorry about the problems with the stingly hermits, I think spara might have posted up a fix for the bundle oxp in his post here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 02#p233002
I just checked my folder at box and it looks like the station bundle is at version 1.2 - i'll have to check though if it includes Spara's fix, if not i'll get it added in.
edit: no it doesn't, so I'm uploading a fixed version now to box - version 1.2.1, it'll take about an hour on my internet connection :| the only change is Spara's fixed shipdata.plist and shipdata-overrides.plist files which you can get from his post I linked to above, just grab the files and drop them into the Config folder -overwriting the ones in there
Last edited by Griff on Sat May 30, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Griff, to make the bundle work correctly with Oolite 1.82, you need to patch it from 1.2 to 1.2.1 with this: https://app.box.com/s/bg254uiw2lom37ewan0clfd5j5y1efx7. It makes them all (different hermits) shine. Should not do anything to the markets though.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Ah yes! I had patched my station bundle to 1.2.1, but hadn't renamed the OXP itself - this confused me for a while.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

spara wrote:
Griff, to make the bundle work correctly with Oolite 1.82, you need to patch it from 1.2 to 1.2.1 with this: https://app.box.com/s/bg254uiw2lom37ewan0clfd5j5y1efx7. It makes them all (different hermits) shine. Should not do anything to the markets though.
Thanks Spara, I've grabbed those files from your upload put them into the oxp, I think it probably should fix the market problem as I can see your fix is properly like_ship'ing the hermits to the oolite template versions and stuff, as well as fixing the subentities and things, thanks for sorting that all out :D
streb2001
Competent
Competent

Post by streb2001 »

Just tried it. It seems all better now. Thanks!

ed. I have spotted "croeso" and "araf" but is there any more Welsh written on the hulls?
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

:lol: No, that's the only bits I've added in, just enough to suggest that Wales has somehow become some sort of intergalactic super power by the time of Oolite
streb2001
Competent
Competent

Post by streb2001 »

Devo max gone mad.