Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Do You Ever Have This Problem?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Is Your Knowledge Unwanted?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Has anyone ever said you're smart, intelligent, etc.?
32%
Have you ever been shunned for your intellect?
16%
Did a higher authority ever tell you to be "dumber"?
6%
Is most of your knowledge common sense which people tend be lacking?
19%
Does it ever seem to be that you're the only intelligent life-form on this planet?
19%
All of the above.
6%

Total votes: 31

Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Do You Ever Have This Problem?

Post by Day »

Hey Huntress,

I would advise you to find your own interest in life.

<Digression>How to find your own interest in life? Consider that any project worth doing needs five years to implement. So, if you work during 40 years and perhaps lose 10 years due to having kids, you may do 6 projects in your whole life. What would you want to have done when you'll be sixty/seventy? Now order them so that the first helps the second to happen, and so on. Now you have your first goal, and you'll be more driven than anybody in your class, or, probably, than anybody in your school including the adults.</Digression>

How is this a solution? Well, when you know what you want to do, you don't lose anymore time on other people. They don't want to use their time on this earth? Well, you do.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Huntress wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
Also word of warning, watch your 6. Nothing annoys the disruptive more than seeing the gap between themselves and "good" students. They will try to make you more like them. DON'T let them.
ClymAngus wrote:
I had disruptive classes last time I saw the disruptive ones, they were mid-30's and still shelf stacking in Tesco. You reap what you sow in life.
No need to worry about me. I'm not really interested in being immature and ruining my life. :roll:
Spoken like a true teenager. :lol:
Keep that vim (vis?) young lady! The older you get, the more you need it.
NigelJK
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NigelJK »

Aye, it was one of the best grammar schools in SE England at the time (measured by number of pupils gaining places at Oxbridge)
That sounds scarily like Hastings Grammar (and the comments about 'Masters'), before it's lobotomy.
I'll second the 'teach yourself something' approach, even in a good school you should find what makes you 'tick'. For me, bizarrely, it was Number Theory.