Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
The documentation says that a market with omitted market_definition key should have a zero capacity market. This does not seem to be so.
Thanks - fixed in tonight's build.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
A thing that I have not been able to isolate, is the occasional message that stays in the view. It's often "Forward View" text right after load game and launch, but not always. And more rarely I've seen it in a longer sessions too.
Found and fixed: would occur if the HUD had messages on it while it was changed - most common when switching HUDs on launch, of course.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

In the newest Large HUD I use x_origin=1; in message_gui and x_origin=-1; in comm_log_gui to attach these to the border of the screen but neither follow the window resizes nor changes to fullscreen, just stay in the same position.

To make the last screenshots properly I must quit and switch to fullscreen (16:9) before I load a game due to I use the windowed mode for 4:3 shots and when I load a game in windowed mode and switch to fullscreen then the message boxes stays near the center regardless of x_origin.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Because the GUIs aren't HUD dials, the position only gets recalculated if they're reset. You can force this as a workaround by monitoring the window height/width in a frame callback and resetting the HUD if it changes.

It should be fixable but probably not for 1.82 due to the risk of introducing more serious bugs - noted as issue #148 for future correction.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

cim wrote:
- noted as issue #148 for future correction.
Just out of interest, and if it's not too much trouble what are the other 147?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Smivs wrote:
Just out of interest, and if it's not too much trouble what are the other 147?
https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite/issues : 21 open, 83 closed.

https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite/pulls : 3 open, 41 closed.

Total: 148. Follow the links to find out more. ;-)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

I was outraged to discover that my username was already in use on Github - the sheer effrontery of it!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Day
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Day »

Cody wrote:
I was outraged to discover that my username was already in use on Github - the sheer effrontery of it!
The nerve! I quite sympathize: I didn't receive any royalties on the use of my username, myself.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Not sure if it's a bug or a missing feature, but commodity capacity seems to be unreachable via js. I can get price, quantity, quantity_average etc. without a problem, but capacity returns 'undefined'.
Anonymissimus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Anonymissimus »

If the cargo hold is full, gold/platinum/gemstone cargo contracts display with "insufficient resources". If I sell just one container, I can accept them. Those cargo types do not require any cargo space I thought.
self compiled master@3b49de285d494de07fccf4021c4baa36f667aac4
warning sound if a missile is inbound: Missile warning
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Anonymissimus wrote:
If the cargo hold is full, gold/platinum/gemstone cargo contracts display with "insufficient resources". If I sell just one container, I can accept them. Those cargo types do not require any cargo space I thought.
self compiled master@3b49de285d494de07fccf4021c4baa36f667aac4
Depends how big the contract is - over 500kg of gold/platinum or 500,000g of gems will need a cargo pod. It should let you take smaller ones, though, provided you haven't already used that space.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
Not sure if it's a bug or a missing feature, but commodity capacity seems to be unreachable via js. I can get price, quantity, quantity_average etc. without a problem, but capacity returns 'undefined'.
It works at secondary stations, but only appears at the main station if the capacity is explicitly set by a market script. That will be fixed in tonight's build.

Note that 'price', 'quantity', 'capacity', 'key' and in practice 'name' are the only keys you can guarantee will appear - a heavily scripted good might not have a 'quantity_average', for instance.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

cim wrote:
spara wrote:
It works at secondary stations, but only appears at the main station if the capacity is explicitly set by a market script. That will be fixed in tonight's build.

Note that 'price', 'quantity', 'capacity', 'key' and in practice 'name' are the only keys you can guarantee will appear - a heavily scripted good might not have a 'quantity_average', for instance.
Thanks, your are blazingly fast. :D

Is there some simple way of detecting what the player sees in the market screen? In the past it was simple, in-flight it was system market and when docked it was that station's market. Now, in-flight and targeting a station, it might be system market or station market depending on market_broadcast key. Could market_broadcast be readable from script?

And a bit confusing feature that would be nice to get fixed. Secondary station's market shows fine when targeted, but the headline of the market screen does not change, which is quite confusing.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
Is there some simple way of detecting what the player sees in the market screen? In the past it was simple, in-flight it was system market and when docked it was that station's market. Now, in-flight and targeting a station, it might be system market or station market depending on market_broadcast key. Could market_broadcast be readable from script?
A proper property will have to wait until post-1.82, but you can as a workaround read its shipdata key, then read its raw shipdata, then check for a market_broadcast key in that (assuming true if not found)
spara wrote:
And a bit confusing feature that would be nice to get fixed. Secondary station's market shows fine when targeted, but the headline of the market screen does not change, which is quite confusing.
Fixed in tonight's build. Thanks.