Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Dodec station with a bounty on it???

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Dodec station with a bounty on it???

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

I saved a game to show this but on re-load it was all gone. I docked at some dodec station in g6, refuelled, didn't get as far as selling anything, got a Thargoids bug-squash message, launched and so on then hit c to dock while going to the kitchen for a glass of wine (got the beer cooler in the supercobra but wine from the fridge was the way forward at that point) . . . anyway, after getting the wine I noticed some lasers going off so thought the police had noticed a pirate or supercobra near the station and were firing. After a while of finding only police and clean ships I got the impression that they were shooting the dodec. I was too close to see what the bounty scanner was saying but by chance I did see the text and hey, presto, the dodec had a 7 credit bounty on it. So that explained the shooting but what on earth happened? How can a station get a bounty? I docked with a shift-d okay, did whatever, saved the game, launched and the bounty was still there. Next save at the next planet I did a new save but on re-load the one with the offender dodec lost the legal status problem so no point in attaching it. Any ideas? Is this expected behaviour? No, I had not had THAT much wine . . .
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Don't save your game, but take a screenshot next time. It's just one hit on the "*" key on your computer. :wink:

Oh, and of course it was gone. On each reload the Ooniverse is created like it never existed before. That's basically the purpose of a reload.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Might this be the result of a station being credited with a kill following a collision? If a Clean (but incompetent) pilot pastes himself all across the side of a station, maybe the game is awarding this to the station as a kill ... and then slapping on a bounty for killing a Clean ship inside the aegis. It's either a bug, or political correctness gone mad! :wink:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Whatever incident caused the oddity, there is already a screenshot of it posted, because the same issue of stations having bounties popped up just two weeks ago:

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=123427#123427

I've stated my opinion below the picture: I think it's buggy behaviour, and at least main stations should not be able to get a bounty.
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Dodec station with a bounty on it???

I saw police attacking the station on two separate occasions in the last day or two. No bounty on the station but messages from the coppers saying stuff like "Coriolis targeted". I also got the impression that they stopped firing on one occasion, a viper said it was going to shoot the coriolis, according to the comms log, but when I flew away and flew back it was by then just hanging around. The initial cause of these events I didn't see. Don't suppose it's a big deal but resurrecting this as it doesn't seem to be how things should be.

Presumably not related in terms of cause but I have noticed that supercobras almost invariably start shooting the space stations if they're nearby in 1.80.

Rich.
ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ralph_hh »

Might be interesting to try: Just hang around closely to the stations entrance. With some luck ships emerging try some evasive moves to avoid you. Maybe they will collide with the station.
What happens? A Galcop Viper in the station is under attack and ejects in order to battle the attackers. Once outside, he turns around, changes sides and battles the station?
Tune up the number of vipers a station can display, then this might be a nice show to watch.
:lol:

One can not destroy a Coriolis Station, can one?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

There's a fair number of safety checks in the current AIs that should stop ships attacking the main station unless they really meant to, but it's possible that some OXP ships are using older AIs. Could you post your Latest.log if you see something like this happen again, please, or at least the OXP listing from it?
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

cim wrote:
There's a fair number of safety checks in the current AIs that should stop ships attacking the main station unless they really meant to, but it's possible that some OXP ships are using older AIs. Could you post your Latest.log if you see something like this happen again, please, or at least the OXP listing from it?
Hi. I did look at latest.log after something larger-scale and meant to post but got distracted by something and forgot. Just looked at the boards and read this again. The last two logs are from restarts due to mucking around with oxps without playing.

The latest larger-scale thing involved about 3-4 Asps and 3-4 FdL's, all fugitives, appearing and starting to attack the Coriolis directly. The police were around and between them and me the ships got finished off. Something had happened, though, and the police immediately turned on the coriolis. I went off to shoot a supercobra that had appeared but when I came back the police had stopped shooting the coriolis.

The log showed no errors anywhere, not obviously anyway, I remember that.

OXPs - supercobra, halsis, halsis bgs, black baron, longway, spyhunter

managed - explorers club, asteroid storm, backgroundset, communications pack a, delightful docking, display reputation, distant suns, dockside services, galaxy names, randomshipnames, snoopers, torus stations, (maybe) ai trading assistant and (maybe) that with yoda, audible docking clearance, auto crosshairs, bounty informer, cargo scanner, galdrivepod, galactic satnav, military fuel injectors, naval grid, ore processor, police iff scanner, repair bots, target autolock plus, welcome mat, combat mfd, commslogmfg, (maybe) hud selector, manifest mfd, navigation mfd, numerichud, traffic control, cabal common library, oxpconfig, taranis, tionisla reporter

All are most recent versions as of a week or so ago and I don't think anything more recent has been produced.

I'll try to get to the logs and post those without getting distracted next time!

Rich
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

latest log of this kind of thing in here

For once I remembered to post the log. I arrived at Isinor station, shot a couple of offenders and flew back to the Coriolis to find about eight Vipers all shooting at the station. Then they all flew straight into it so maybe this should be merged with the "suicidal AIs" thread!

Rich

-start-

Opening log for Oolite version 1.80 (x86-32) under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 32-bit at 2015-03-01 09:08:32 +0000.
8 processors detected.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

09:08:37.536 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
09:08:39.745 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1920 x 1080
09:08:40.215 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
09:08:40.268 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 3.3.0 ("3.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "NVS 3100M/PCIe/SSE2".
09:08:40.268 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (248):
GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_texture_stencil8, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_EXT_import_sync_object, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts, GL_ARB_multi_bind, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_NV_texture_barrier
09:08:43.296 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
09:08:43.541 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
09:08:43.586 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
Resources
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
../AddOns
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/tws_satnav.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.GalDrivePod.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ExplorersClub.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.RobertTodd.Taranis.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.PoliceIFFScanner.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TAP.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Display_reputation.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.distant_suns.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Randomshipnames.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.tori2.02.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.galaxy_names.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.EricWalch.TionislaReporter.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.NavalGrid.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.ore_processor.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.RepairBots.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.Snoopers.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.MilFuelInj.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Okti.CargoScanner.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CommonSenseOTB.NumericHUD.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.navigation_mfd.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.manifest_mfd.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.CombatMFD.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading_with_yoda.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.WelcomeMat.oxz
E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TrafficControl.oxz
../AddOns/supercobra 1.4.2.oxp
../AddOns/halsis.oxp
../AddOns/Halsis_BGS1.2.oxp
../AddOns/black_baron.oxp
../AddOns/longway 1.1.oxp
../AddOns/spyhunter 1.1.oxp
../AddOns/BountyScannerv2.0.oxp
09:08:47.008 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
09:09:00.270 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 22.52 seconds. ==========
09:09:22.004 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 68 world scripts:
AI Autotrade 2.15
AI Buying Advisor 2.12
AI Buying with Yoda 2.2.6
AI Selling Advisor 2.12
AI Selling with Yoda 2.2.6
AI Trading Assistant 2.13.1
AI Trading Interfaces 2.13.1
AI Trading Multimode 2.12.2
AI Trading Tips 2.12.2
AI Trading with Yoda 1.0
AsteroidStorm 4.03
BGS-M 1.10.7
BGS-XMapping 1.10.1
blackbaron 1.74
Bounty Scanner 2.0 2.00
Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7.1
Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
Cargo Scanner 1.11
combat_MFD 1.9
Comms Pack A 0.5
CommsLogMFD 1.4.0
display-reputation-contract 1.2
display-reputation-parcel 1.2
display-reputation-passenger 1.2
Explorers Club 1.4.4
GalDrivePod_main_script 1.0
Halsis 1.2
long_way_round
manifest_mfd 1.1.1
mil_injectors.js 1.03
navi_mfd 1.3.3
numerichudv3 3.27
numerichudv3-4 3.27
oolite-cloaking-device 1.80
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.80
oolite-contracts-cargo 1.80
oolite-contracts-helpers 1.80
oolite-contracts-parcels 1.80
oolite-contracts-passengers 1.80
oolite-libPriorityAI 1.80
oolite-nova 1.80
oolite-populator 1.80
oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.80
oolite-registership 1.80
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.80
oolite-trumbles 1.80
oolite-tutorial 1.80
oreProcessor 2.2.1
OXPConfig 2.3.1
Police_Scanner_Upgrade 1.3.1
randomshipnames 1.6
Repair system 2.10
snoopers 2.5
spy_hunter
Stars 0.5.1
taranis_one 1.3
targetAutolock 1.11
Tionisla Reporter 1.2.0
TrafficControl 1.1
tws_satnav_main 0.01
Welcome Information Script 1.13
09:10:53.318 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 68 world scripts:
AI Autotrade 2.15
AI Buying Advisor 2.12
AI Buying with Yoda 2.2.6
AI Selling Advisor 2.12
AI Selling with Yoda 2.2.6
AI Trading Assistant 2.13.1
AI Trading Interfaces 2.13.1
AI Trading Multimode 2.12.2
AI Trading Tips 2.12.2
AI Trading with Yoda 1.0
AsteroidStorm 4.03
BGS-M 1.10.7
BGS-XMapping 1.10.1
blackbaron 1.74
Bounty Scanner 2.0 2.00
Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7.1
Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
Cargo Scanner 1.11
combat_MFD 1.9
Comms Pack A 0.5
CommsLogMFD 1.4.0
display-reputation-contract 1.2
display-reputation-parcel 1.2
display-reputation-passenger 1.2
Explorers Club 1.4.4
GalDrivePod_main_script 1.0
Halsis 1.2
long_way_round
manifest_mfd 1.1.1
mil_injectors.js 1.03
navi_mfd 1.3.3
numerichudv3 3.27
numerichudv3-4 3.27
oolite-cloaking-device 1.80
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.80
oolite-contracts-cargo 1.80
oolite-contracts-helpers 1.80
oolite-contracts-parcels 1.80
oolite-contracts-passengers 1.80
oolite-libPriorityAI 1.80
oolite-nova 1.80
oolite-populator 1.80
oolite-primable-equipment-register 1.80
oolite-registership 1.80
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.80
oolite-trumbles 1.80
oolite-tutorial 1.80
oreProcessor 2.2.1
OXPConfig 2.3.1
Police_Scanner_Upgrade 1.3.1
randomshipnames 1.6
Repair system 2.10
snoopers 2.5
spy_hunter
Stars 0.5.1
taranis_one 1.3
targetAutolock 1.11
Tionisla Reporter 1.2.0
TrafficControl 1.1
tws_satnav_main 0.01
Welcome Information Script 1.13
09:57:24.717 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (AI Trading Assistant 2.13.1): TypeError: worldScripts[scriptName] is undefined
09:57:24.717 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.ai_trading.oxz/Scripts/ai_autotrade.js, line 763.
10:33:15.588 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on options screen.
10:33:16.442 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2015-03-01 10:33:16 +0000.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

That exception at the end of the log is a function in Autotrade that searches through every other worldscript to compile a list of any containing playerBoughtCargo or playerSoldCargo. It's timing out? I doubt it - Richard's computer is higher spec than mine and he "only" has 68 worldscripts. There is a very naughty worldscript with no this.name property? Is that possible?

In any case, it is the source of the problems he has been having with Autotrade, but has nothing to do with ships shooting at the station.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Richard, you seem to be getting the issue quite frequently. Would you mind giving it a go without OXPs and see if it still persists? My guess is that it won't.
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Hello

I wouldn't say it's that common but I'll try and find the time to do that. Sometimes I wonder what I might be doing; seems few others get the sorts of problems I find!!!

What happens if a viper shoots the station by accident? Would another viper notice and join in?

Cheers

Richard
fronclynne
Deadly
Deadly

Post by fronclynne »

Aw, dang. 272 here. But yeah, any time there's someone aggro in the aegis, the rozzas end up trying to chill the station once they're cool, see?

Maybe they gots pent up feels, yeah? You know, when you're gettin wit your peg-leg girl & she's just startin to get all "No but yeah but yeah but yeah" & so you try to txt your mate to say "Yo, this girl, right" but she goes "Pof" so you got a couch cushion or you got ol Rosie so you start yellin at your mate cos like it wan't his fault but he was on your txt yo. Yeah, phones.
QCS
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by QCS »

I just had a different, rather strange incident:

I launched from a Dodecahedron station (Xexedi) and was immediately greeted by a GalCop message that something happened to the Weapons Platform. It was displayed as "Hijacked" and Fugitive and attacked everything around, me too. Primary target was a Navy Duma (the only one around at that particular moment). At the moment it attacked me, my Escorts launched and attacked the platform, I did myself a good share of damage too. The station was then a derelict, and I captured the Escape pod. After that, the Duma communicated "Die, criminal!" to me and started shooting. I noticed I am Offender, I don't know for which action. This may somehow be explainable if I might have hit someone accidentally in the battle.

But then, it happened: The Duma communicated "Your dodecahedron station will not help you". And that's something which is highly unlikely correct ;-)
I checked, but the Dodec, its NavBuoy and also the SuperHub around did not have a Bounty on it. The Cops also only attacked me and my Escorts, so nothing additional strange happened.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

IMO, what we are seeing looks like just old OXPs messing with station / station defences AIs. My suggestion would be to try to confirm that these things do not occur in a non-OXPed setup first. IT is important to clarify whether the core game is responsible for what is happening or not.