Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Feudal States

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

missionVariables.feudal_mission to see what the current value is, and missionVariables.feudal_mission=<whatever> to set it to whatever.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
Okay, I've gone through and edited the descriptions.plist, feudal-bouy.js and feudal-tournament.js.

With regards to the assassination mission, how do I get it to let me "finish" the mission, and take another one?
I have the same issue. I resolved it by moving the block from line 477 - 545 in feudal-missions.js to start at line 397 - not sure what other issues this may have caused though!
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Cheers DGill!

I wasn't getting anywhere with changing the settings using the console before.

But now that I've moved those around, manually setting missionVariables.feudal_mission = "EXECUTION_SUCCESS" brought up the mission screen and cleared the mission! And I can now access the Royal Court and take another one!
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Hi all. I've uploaded v1.9.4 to my site which (hopefully) includes corrections to latest batch of issues raised.

p.s. I've added a bugfixing credit to DGill and Mauiby de Fug to the pdf readme - thanks again.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

:D
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

What can I say - I'm honoured!

I've now started playing around trying to create oxps myself, and it ain't an easy job! So congrats to you (and everyone else!) for doing so! The sheer variety available is amazing, and the work that you people have put in... 'Tis most impressive!
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Apparently the Hunting Lodge can have a bounty!

I'm currently docked at the lodge which has a bounty of 100Cr.

This probably had something to do with the furballs that kept on happening - presumably its turrets hit a police vessel?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Does it appear as a station (green blip) or a ship (yellow blip) on your scanner? If it's counted as a ship, it has a legal status and therefore may get a bounty. Station's don't, AFAIK.

If it's a rock (white blip) I am not sure off the top of my head. May depend on whether it's piloted or not. Neither Salvage Gangs nor Hacker Outposts have a bounty displayed (although you can set a bounty via JS, but it's not visible in-game).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Rocks and Cargo don't have bounty displayed as standard.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

The blip is green, and it appears as a station.

I probably should have mentioned that I use the Bounty Scanner.oxp, which lets you see the numerical value of the bounty.

I've also seen a rock hermit with a bounty of 100Cr as well, although I have Pirate Coves installed as well, so I assume that's the reason for that one.

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Stations have a bounty like other entities and they can be "Fugitive".
WIKI wrote:
The Station class is an Entity representing a station or carrier (i.e., a ship with a docking port). A Station has all the properties and methods of a Ship, and some others.
The only difference is that the populator does not use it for main stations (I think Cmdr James has added something to prevent main stations getting a bounty when spawned by the populator), but still the property is there and it is used.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Indeed, I could produce this with one command in the console:
I don't know. Looks silly to me. I think at least main stations should not be able to get a bounty. :?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Commander McLane wrote:
I don't know. Looks silly to me. I think at least main stations should not be able to get a bounty. :?
A little bit, yes. But it gives room for ideas and I've still a WIP version from caracal around that plays with these ideas - main stations in a few handselected systems falling off and GalCop tries to bring them back in line and I have to say - it's funny and works pretty well.

Sure, it gets more and more complex by introducing these renegade stations or political fractions, but isn't it the fun (and sometimes pain) of oxp'ing to bring these things together? .-)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

It sure is.

It just never crossed my mind that stations could, would, and should have bounties, so the concept is quite alien to me. For instance it never crossed my mind to try and give the Renegade Station from Anarchies.oxp a bounty; and I don't think I would have, even if I had thought about it.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

A point to note is that if a station manages to get itself a bounty, any ships launched with the police role may automatically attack their own station!

For my mission in progress I've been trying to do something similar for an anarchy system that's been overtaken by pirates. I've got a load of pirate ships in orbit and wanted to have kraits instead of vipers as 'police' ships. The pirates have a bounty though, so I've given the krait a script that will switch the default police AI to something else upon launching to stop it attacking the pirates on sight, e.g.

Code: Select all

this.shipLaunchedFromStation = function()
{if(this.ship.primaryRole == "police" || this.ship.primaryRole == "defence_ship")
{this.ship.setAI("IR-piratepatrolAI.plist")}
}
Of course I could just make the pirate ships 'clean' but later on I want a load of GalCop ships to attack the system and I'd like to make use of scanForOffenders rather than having to set up lots of specific searches.

P.S. How do you go about including conditions (e.g. government type, system number, etc) in openstep shipdata plists? All the examples I've seen before have used XML.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE