Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by cim »

Venator Dha wrote:
Rotating cargo isn't working on the latest trunk 150110. (Mac)
Fixed, thanks. (Rotating was working fine - it just wasn't printing the message)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Ha! That's why it had me scratching my head just now!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.81.0.6368-150128-ee85ab2

Post by Cody »

I've noticed this a few times recently, but tonight I had the time to go back and get pics. At a certain distance out from a planet (Povray), it seems to suddenly change texture slightly or get lit differently. Only seen on Torus, I think - first pic is cruising, second pic is a few seconds later, having hit the Torus.

Oh yeah - I've not seen any escape pods lately, and I've been involved in some carnage.
In fact, I can't recall an assassin ever popping a pod - some should have them, yes?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

When you find a distance which does that, try switching to wireframe mode in Game Options. Is it also about the distance the level of detail of the planet object increases?

Another test you could try: put

Code: Select all

"has_atmosphere" = 0;
in the universal section of your planetinfo.plist - if the effect stops then (the planets may look a bit odd otherwise, though) it's probably the atmosphere layer that's behaving oddly.

I've not noticed any problem with escape pods in general, though I forced assassin ships not to have them a while back - assassins shoot escape pods and have injector-equipped ships, so it's unlikely that they'd feel their chances of escape were better in the pod...
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.81.0.6369-150203-87cbb35

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
I forced assassin ships not to have them a while back...
That would explain it.

Using "has_atmosphere" = 0; seems to fix the problem - no sudden change (at the same planet).

An oddity: I forked a commander for testing, named it Commander Test, changed all ship's registration details, launched/jumped and docked at a rock hermit - and it had become Commander Cody again, not Test. When I tried to load Commander Test from F2, Oolite crashed to desktop. Nothing in the log, and all was well on the second try.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hermits use quantity_randomiser in their market_definition. [wiki]Trade-goods.plist[/wiki] says quantity_random. Is the documentation outdated?

Same with price_random.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Thanks - documentation updated
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.81.0.6369-150203-87cbb35

Post by Cody »

Just had this pop up:

19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-populator" ran for 5.0093 seconds and has been terminated.
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  0 (oolite-populator.js:2649) <anonymous function>
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: [Script "oolite-populator" version 1.81]
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     usemain: true
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     stat: [Station "Coriolis Station" "Coriolis Station" position: (-66686.6, -50180.9, 381812) scanClass: CLASS_STATION status: STATUS_ACTIVE]
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     tries: 0
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     stats: [[Station "Rock Hermit" "Rock Hermit" position: (-359095, -66177.4, 430506) scanClass: CLASS_ROCK status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT], [Station "Coriolis Station" "Coriolis Station" position: (-66686.6, -50180.9, 381812) scanClass: CLASS_STATION status: STATUS_ACTIVE]]
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  1 (oolite-populator.js:1170) <anonymous function>
19:11:00.815 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: [Script "oolite-populator" version 1.81]
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
Just had this pop up:
Thanks. This should be fixed in tonight's build.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Had fast spinning station & Rock hermit in Cemabe. reloading commander fixed it. Couldn't see anything in the log

Opening log for Oolite development version 1.81-150206 (x86-64 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.10.2 (Build 14C109) at 2015-02-08 15:26:41 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookAir6,2, 8192 MiB memory, 2 (4 logical) x x86 (Haswell) @ 1300 MHz.
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Mac OS X? That sounds like this bug. I was hoping that had gone away, since no-one had mentioned it for a while, but I guess not...

If you're able to compile Oolite yourself in full debug mode, and have gdb available (or know how to use XCode's debugger to do the same things), here are some instructions which might help track down what's going on.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Well it's the first time I've seen it, so must be very rare.
cim wrote:
If you're able to compile Oolite yourself in full debug mode, and have gdb available (or know how to use XCode's debugger to do the same things), here are some instructions which might help track down what's going on.
All that's Greek to me, but I'll have a go at figuring it out over the week.
Cody

Re: route-planner 1.81.0.6370-150207-c171f68

Post by Cody »

I'm about halfway through a run from Sorezaan to Qudior, and I've just noticed that some (probably all) shipyards are labelled Qudior - here's one (Geteve, I think) with nothing but Morays for sale. I'm currently parked-up at Beritere, which is also labelled Qudior. I don't check the shipyard too often.
gizmo
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gizmo »

I can confirm this.
The shipyard is always named after the (ultimate) hyperspace destination system although in my case there aren't only Morays for sale.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

cim wrote:
Mac OS X? That sounds like this bug. I was hoping that had gone away, since no-one had mentioned it for a while, but I guess not...

Sorry cim but i realy don't understand how to do this :( and don't have those things installed.

I have just had it happen again (in Ceerdiza), this time in front of me. Don't know if it helps but when it happened I got a flash of my engine exhausts on my front view screen, then the Coriolis station started spinning fast and at a changed angle. I was in normal flight heading towards the station, not doing anything else.