Does anyone have any Saved Games Files - PC Oolite?

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

fasnoon
Above Average
Above Average

Post by fasnoon »

Please could you email me cool commander saves for the PC Oolite with excellent ships, credits etc?

(I just hate slow starts)!!!

- FAS

email is given below:

[email protected]
- FAS
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Go into your oolite-save file and edit it. Look for the settins for the ship type and the credit rating. Change them to what you want.

The game's Config folder has a shipyard.plist file - you can get the ship nmes from that...
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Take the slow route and play it properly!

After all, if you jump in at the deep end how will you develop any skills?
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

I think the best point of Oolite/Elite is precisely the slow start... When you have the best ship and lots of credits, the quest is pretty much over (except for some missions).

So, I'd urge you to try that "slow start" before getting an uber-savefile and spoiling the game...
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

It is cheating!

Why not install Murgh's Rusty ships OXP. You will be able to buy a bargain second hand Cobra III and have enough money to fully equip it with the trade in value of your fratory fresh model, right at the start of the game. You just have wait to see one in a shipyard and you immedatley have the cash to buy it with your 100C and the trade-in. However, the old banger will be a bit slower and have slightly weaker shields and won't have so good a trade in value. You can have the stuff, but the game isn't unablenced because you'll have to build up more cash to get a really powerfull ship like an Imperial Courier, Tiger or SuperCobra.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.