Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Post by spara »

Venator Dha wrote:
spara wrote:
Hello Venator Dha and thanks for reporting :D .

You're using mac, right? Those errors usually mean errors in shipdata.plist that works fine in linux but not in mac. Mac is a lot pickier here. I went through the plist by hand and found three offending lines that will cause problems in mac. Could you please download and test this version and if it works I'll update the one in the manager.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/86urkqdy1dn9rypenq74
Hi Spara, Yes I'm on a mac. Sadly there's still something not right, I'm still getting the same error. :(
:( . I found two more errors and really wish that those were the last ones as my eyes are starting to bleed. Download: https://app.box.com/s/lv0k5peyq4uxpso5j0te.

I know I'm reaching, but if it still does not work, was there anything else in the log that could help here? I've no access to macs so I could debug, but maybe I'll find some plist checker for Linux. Or Windows.
Amah wrote:
The update Griff dockingbay look nice. is it ok for me to include it for the Z_GrOovy noshader stations?
I'm pretty sure CaptSolo would be pleased for that, but maybe it's better to wait his word on it. You can also PM him.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

spara wrote:
:( . I found two more errors and really wish that those were the last ones as my eyes are starting to bleed. Download: https://app.box.com/s/lv0k5peyq4uxpso5j0te.
Good news :D :D for your eyes :lol:
It's working now. Flew to a station to check out the market, like it - I think linking it to distance was genius.
Thanks for all the work :D
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Biiig thank you, Venator Dha. Now my eyes can rest and I can sleep again :D :D :D . New mac-working version uploaded. It's named to 1.7.3 to avoid confusion with the test version.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

No problem Spara :D
Stations for Extra Planets is one of the must have OXPs in my Ooniverse, so happy to help.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Visited a G-X1 Coriolis Station which had a problem with a misplaced dock - floating about in space in front of station.
Changing shipdata.plist line 381

Code: Select all

"position" = (0, 0, 1128.55);
to

Code: Select all

"position" = (0, 0, 500);
seems to fix it
Don't know if this is the perfect change though :)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thanks Venator Dha :D , it was a copy-paste error when I converted the old style subentity definitions to the new style. Fixed and uploaded a new version (1.4.7) containing the fix. Keep on reporting, it's much appreciated.
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

spara wrote:
Thanks Venator Dha :D , it was a copy-paste error when I converted the old style subentity definitions to the new style. Fixed and uploaded a new version (1.4.7) containing the fix. Keep on reporting, it's much appreciated.
Hi, could you please post the latest link? The one above still shows 1.7.2 instead of 1.7.4.

Greez Sarr
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello SARR, you can get the OXP from the expansion manager, but if you want a direct link, here it is: http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/1/1 ... _1.7.4.oxz
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

Thanks a lot, I don´t like the manager. I somehow perfer shifting files to downloading them......it gives me a better overview of what I have installed. I´m oldschool :mrgreen:
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

SARR wrote:
Thanks a lot, I don´t like the manager. I somehow perfer shifting files to downloading them......it gives me a better overview of what I have installed. I´m oldschool :mrgreen:
I usually download OXPs straight from the Oolite Expansion Packs page because I want to be able to easily move them around and see the version number, that usually is in the OXZ filename.
QCS
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by QCS »

Sorry for chipping in so late after a Release, but I have to tell you - I love this OXP.

I just keep on visiting all those stations just to see what they look like, and today I was totally surprised when I found that Trade Outpost. Wow, what a beautiful station.

This OXP is good enough for just spending meaningless time in the game flying around stations and admiring graphics :mrgreen:
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

QCS wrote:
This OXP is good enough for just spending meaningless time in the game flying around stations and admiring graphics :mrgreen:
Glad you're enjoying it, that's exactly why I made it :D . To have some reason for visiting those distant planets and to have all those beautiful stations that people have been doing in-game while not overriding the main stations. I wonder if there's someone out there who has visited them all.
QCS
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by QCS »

spara wrote:
I wonder if there's someone out there who has visited them all.
I'll let you know... :-D
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A new version (1.8 ) is up.

* Smivs' retextured old core stations from Accessories oxp are now preserved for generations to come and behold. Three new stations in total.
Vincentz
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Vincentz »

Nice :-)
I would really love it if, on arrival to system, a message (coms?) popped up saying something like "bring the passenger/cargo/parcel to xxx station for a bonus fee" ;-)
That would imho make these stations much more visited.

Btw, they seem to work fine on 1.81+ where the kiota stations doesn't.
What is the difference?
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." - Isaac Asimov