PC v1.65 final- a bug or change?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

oncebytten
Above Average
Above Average

PC v1.65 final- a bug or change?

Post by oncebytten »

The final v1.65 for PC is wonderful!!:-)

When docked at a station and I access the "ships load-out" screen (F3), at some stations I can access the "ships for sale" screen and on others there is no access at all.

Previously we would get a "no ships for sale" message, and now, just no access.

A bug or a presentation change?
Thargoid Warmonger!
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Only some stations and carriers offer ship markets and contract markets, the system's main station always will.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
oncebytten
Above Average
Above Average

Post by oncebytten »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Let me clarify:

I'm currently in Galaxy chart 3, planet Bixein, docked at the Dodecahedron Station and unable to access the ship salesroom. This is the 2nd main planetary station I've docked at where I've been unable to access the salesroom.

I've kept a copy of the game-save if you'd like it for data-sifting. I've tinkered with my personal ships stats through the .oxp files and changed ships once the game save, though I don't see how this could have affected the station's ability to open-up the ship salesroom.
Thargoid Warmonger!
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Please do email me the save-file and I'll see if I can repeat the problem, [email protected]
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
lucabu
Competent
Competent

Post by lucabu »

I noticed it too. :shock: This weekend I'll post my savefile, along with my OXP list.
FloydianSlip
Harmless
Harmless

Post by FloydianSlip »

Finally :) someone else has this bug! I've been hunting for documentation on this bug for a long time.

I found that some OXP's will do this. Switch to strict gameplay and you will be able to access the F3 F3 menu. Switching back to OXPs and removing them, one by one, to find the offending OXP is the only way to get the ship market up.

Here is a list of the OXP's I have removed to work around this bug but I suspect it could be any OXP give the right conditions.

Dredger
mPak
pcc
wolfmk2
x-ships

Also, the console outputs something when trying to access the market but I can't replicate it right now. I think it happens only when the market calls for a particular ship and something goes wrong.

I'm using Linux and Version 1.65-700 but it has ben consistant one all release so far since 1.62.

Tho I could be wrong. I'll try to get the console output and post it.