Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Con stores in 1.80

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Con stores in 1.80

Post by harry747 »

What's up with the con stores (your ad here OXP) in version 1.80? When I dock, there's no access to the ship yard, and the store has NOTHING. No goods, no prices, no nothing. WTF? So all I can do is launch again. So what's the point of going there in the first place?
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Con stores in 1.80

Post by spara »

Could you give a bit more detail? I have 1.80 installed and installed YAH and ad-set A. Started a fresh, jumped to Leesti and Con Store there was working just fine. Maybe post your log after the incident and I'll try to replicate the problem.

Fueling at the Con Store has been disabled due to a game balancing issues. If you want it back, grab the YAH fuel station addon from the mechanics section.
harry747
Deadly
Deadly

Post by harry747 »

i have all the sets installed. could that be the problem?
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

I noticed you used OXP not OXZ, harry747. I believe the OXP version is outdated, use the OXZ (Expansion Manager) instead.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

harry747 wrote:
i have all the sets installed. could that be the problem?
Don't think so. At least works ok for me with all the sets installed. Two things come to mind.

1. Do you have trunk version (1.81) of Oolite installed? Markets in ConStores won't work with the current trunk. I'll do something about it when I get some inspiration. Life's a bit hectic right now and updating markets is a bit tedious work so the priority is a bit low.
2. Do you have all parts of YAH from the manager? Current main version is 4.2.1 and ad sets are 4.2. It's very likely that the previous parts are not compatible with the newer ones as big structural changes have been done.

If that won't help, I would really like to see your log. Also does this happen with all constores or just some? If just some, which system does this happen? If you start a fresh Jameson and jump straight to Leesti and visit the Constore there, does it still happen?
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

harry747 wrote:
What's up with the con stores (your ad here OXP) in version 1.80? When I dock, there's no access to the ship yard, and the store has NOTHING. No goods, no prices, no nothing. WTF? So all I can do is launch again. So what's the point of going there in the first place?
This sounds like what it does with mine in 1.81 (trunk.) Zeros for every value in the market screen, and on the shipyard screen it says "We're sorry, our shipyards are small and for our own use only. We apologize for any inconvenience." (Or something like that.) Correct? If so, make sure you have 1.80 (stable) and not 1.81.
Like Spara said, it doesn't work the same way in trunk, so it will have to be redone completely for trunk. But it'll be good when it does happen. :D
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."