Tianve OXP v1.3 now available

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Commander McLane wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
Drew, the station in the oxp has a bug, similar to this one from diso.oxp. Your oxp and diso.oxp use the same basic data.
No, they don't since the latest Tianve.oxp (v1.3). That's when I discovered the problem and put a dock subentity in the station's shipdata. That should have fixed it.
Turns out I was too quick. The inserted dock does fix the issue with the too-small docking width. However, the Diso station doesn't have a hole for the docking bay, but a complete box in the main structure. Inserting a docking bay results in z-fighting between the inner station walls and the dock-subentity walls. As the inside of a dock is quite dark the player probably won't notice, but still... The station is also missing the two flasher rows which are usually part of the docking bay. I have now corrected that, eliminating the five superfluous walls from the station model, replacing them with a hole, and adding the flashers. I also had incorrectly positioned the dock and have moved it a few meters backwards. Now things are looking very much better.

I send you the revised parts of the OXP, Drew. However, as the station still has its oddities (for instance the strange pink walls at its "belt"), it might be worthwhile to ask perhaps Griff for a competely new station model for the OXP.
streb2001
Competent
Competent

Re: Tianve OXP v1.3 now available

Post by streb2001 »

Having made my way across Galaxy 1 (8 kills, mostly harmless), I was hoping to visit the Tianve Pulsar for a bit of r & r. However the download link on Drew's site for the OXP is dead. Is this deliberate?

@Drew: I am really enjoying "Status Quo" by the way.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

There is a good link in the [EliteWiki] wiki.
streb2001
Competent
Competent

Post by streb2001 »

Got it, thanks Norby.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

The file is not at the specified location.
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

Norby wrote:
There is a good link in the [EliteWiki] wiki.
This page still has an active link.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Thanks.