Strange occurences

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Strange occurences

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

I just had a strange experience.

It started out normal enough. I was lining up to dock with a station, when a GalCop viper launched from the station. So, as usual, I stopped and waited for him to turn away from my course, as I was still pretty far from the station. But he just stopped dead. I had this funny feeling that he was going to continue and ram into me. So, I turned around and looked at him from my aft view, in case I needed to get out of the way. And what do you know? He suddenly turns on his thrusters and heads right for me! so, I changed course and hit my thrusters. Once I was clear, I slowed down to watch him go past.... full power straight into the nav bouy, to his death! I guess the stress of the job finally got to him!

Anyone else have any odd encounters or happenings to describe?
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
magamo
Competent
Competent

Post by magamo »

Commodore Sics D'fore wrote:
t started out normal enough. I was lining up to dock with a station, when a GalCop viper launched from the station. So, as usual, I stopped and waited for him to turn away from my course, as I was still pretty far from the station. But he just stopped dead. I had this funny feeling that he was going to continue and ram into me. So, I turned around and looked at him from my aft view, in case I needed to get out of the way. And what do you know? He suddenly turns on his thrusters and heads right for me! so, I changed course and hit my thrusters. Once I was clear, I slowed down to watch him go past.... full power straight into the nav bouy, to his death! I guess the stress of the job finally got to him!
I've run into that one a lot, myself. Durned suicidal cops. Generally the first one, and the nav buoy will survive. The second one hits a few moments later, and boom! :)
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

It's one of the reasons revising the way NPC ships decide on their actions is close to the top of my todo list.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

I recently saw a pair of clean rated ships firing at a rock hermit. I watched for a while, thinking there may be pirates emerging from it, but nope. All of a sudden the rock hermit asteroid blew up in a stunning multiple explosion. It was quite spectacular! Bits of alloys and stuff were flying everywhere! That was pretty awesome.

I enjoy running across odd things like this. It gives a feeling of stories other than my own going on. I can only speculate as to their motivation. Maybe that rock hermit ripped them off... or refused to train them in the ways of the Force! 8)
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Aaah, so you can kill stations.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Rock hermits aren’t normal stations.
Mad Dan Eccles
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Mad Dan Eccles »

Ooh. A year ago we used to accelerate stations into planets. Has that 'feature' been changed?

(sorry too busy with new life, new job, new weblog to play much. And I'm waiting until Christmas to get a new iMac :wink: )
Master of Mayhem

"The name's derived from Object Oriented eLite so you could say "Oh! Oh! Leet!", but that might sound too much like g33k sex."