Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Falcon or Caddy?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Falcon or Caddy?

Post by Duggan »

Sendraks wrote:
I love the Caddy, it has some of the best background of any ship and is such an easy vessel to write stories about in my head.

They're not exactly a cheap vessel to run, given most engineers scratch their heads in bewilderment at Shulth bio-engineering and if you don't turn off the biometric sensors when letting them inside your vessel to run maintainence........well................being "digested" by the ship's security systems often offends.
I am often amused when the ground maintenance crew attempt to do a little a panel beating on the Warty Popsicle and come off worse from the initiative having been duly reciprocated by the vessels own repair mechanism. The expression on their faces as an object that they hit all of a sudden hit's them back is priceless.
:)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Mara Jade
Average
Average

Post by Mara Jade »

Been saving for ages for the Falcon OXP, but recent news of a design flaw has kind of changed my mind.

Seems there's some safety issues with the hydraulic doors.... as a former pilot found out yesterday.

:D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Mara Jade wrote:
Been saving for ages for the Falcon OXP, but recent news of a design flaw has kind of changed my mind.

Seems there's some safety issues with the hydraulic doors.... as a former pilot found out yesterday.

:D
Ok.. consider me officially confused, now.. :?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

He is referring to Han solo breaking his ankle while shooting star wars 7. It appears that the door shut sooner than expected and his ankle got caught in the jamb.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ahh.. thanks!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Mara Jade
Average
Average

Post by Mara Jade »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
He is referring to Han solo
She actually. :P

And the door shot first! lol
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

oops :oops: Thank you for the clarification :D
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Mara Jade wrote:
Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
He is referring to Han solo
She actually. :P

And the door shot first! lol
Only in the special addition. That door clearly had a big smoking hole in it and it's gun was only half out of the holster.
There's a word for that kind of proactive defense.....