Happy Towel Day!

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Happy Towel Day!

Post by UK_Eliter »

Some Towel Days events are listed on this site: http://towelday.org/
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Happy Towel Day!

Post by Cody »

Aye, happy Towel Day - mine is close at hand!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Got mine here, right next to me.. :D
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Towels are not actually very useful for computers it seems to me, except for (1) noise damping (place towel between PC and floor), (2) stopping an overheating laptop burning one's bits. And, actually, those things aren't nothing.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

UK_Eliter wrote:
Towels are not actually very useful for computers it seems to me, except for (1) noise damping (place towel between PC and floor), (2) stopping an overheating laptop burning one's bits. And, actually, those things aren't nothing.
Not so.. properly folded, they make brilliant extra padding on the seat of your computer chair.. happy bums are important.

And in hot weather when you're going shirtless, you can drape 'em over the back of the chair as well.. it helps soak up sweat, preventing stains on the chair fabric, and makes things more comfortable in general. 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Diziet Sma wrote:
UK_Eliter wrote:
Not so.. properly folded, they make brilliant extra padding on the seat of your computer chair.. happy bums are important.

And in hot weather when you're going shirtless, you can drape 'em over the back of the chair as well.. it helps soak up sweat, preventing stains on the chair fabric, and makes things more comfortable in general. 8)
Good tips!
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Well if you are like me and suffer from Lochsa Madness you'll definitely need one. Apparently the writers of the guide who classified earth as mostly harmless never tried this. :lol:

Got mine. :D
Bangbangduck
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bangbangduck »

Don't forget -

The Ravenous Bug-blatter Beast Of Trall is not a beast you would want to pick a fight with. Unless you have a death-wish that is. Fortunately, it so happens that the Ravenous Bug-blatter Beast Of Trall is particularly stupid, meaning if you can't see it, it can't see you. If confronted by a Ravenous Bug-blatter Beast Of Trall, cover your head with your towel, so obscuring your view of it completey and the beast will stomp off in search of prey that does not spontaniously disappear into thin air.

As Extracted from http://h2g2.com/entry/A667253

BBD
Do not press this button [O].....Oh Bugger!
Cobra MKIII Grendal's Dam