Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Missing station

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Missing station

Post by CWolf »

OK, I am currently in the Anarchy system of Eninre. The station is missing! Is it possible that it could be destroyed? Could a Q-Bomb do it?

UPDATE: Ended up skimming the star for fuel. Odd though. Compass was convinced of where it should have been.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

capt.Pirk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Missing station

Post by capt.Pirk »

CWolf wrote:
OK, I am currently in the Anarchy system of Eninre. The station is missing! Is it possible that it could be destroyed? Could a Q-Bomb do it?

UPDATE: Ended up skimming the star for fuel. Odd though. Compass was convinced of where it should have been.
Check for residual GalCorp envirocore energy signatures, you my have to adjust your sensor array. Failing that, use your scoops to confirm the presence of station materials and/or carbon based life forms (dead ofcourse!).
Finally, get the hell outta there :o :wink:
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

My guess would be that it was in the planets shadow and hard to spot.
I assume that you followed the compass all the way to where it thought the station was? :?
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I've seen the station disappear too, recently... at one occasion, I happened to see the obj count 'explode' (2000+ objects) then dwindle to normal again, and the station was gone... so probably stations blowing up for some obscure reason?
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Rxke wrote:
I've seen the station disappear too, recently... at one occasion, I happened to see the obj count 'explode' (2000+ objects) then dwindle to normal again, and the station was gone... so probably stations blowing up for some obscure reason?
Wow! Never seen that but it looks realistic.. This definitely should happen sometimes, though extremely rare..
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

I think it did go boom, there was a lot of metal flying around.

I ended up skimming the sun to escape but didn't have time to pop back to see if it re-appeared.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.