No good deed goes unpunished.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

No good deed goes unpunished.

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

I think there is a bug wth the Thargoid Wars oxp. Both times that a station I was docked at had a Thargoid attack, I went to help. And both times, after I killed off the attackers, I was rewarded with... Offender status! This isn't supposed to happen, is it?

The first time, I was cleaning up the deactivated robot fighters after killing the warship, when I ran out of cargo space so I just shot one of them for the bounty. I thought maybe that caused the rating (discharging a weapon in station space when not being attacked?), even though, given the target, one would think it would be OK. However, the second time I just scooped them all. That's legal, right?
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

You sure you didn't possess illegal stuff at that time?

Sometimes that happens: you scoop stuff en rout to the station, and before you have a chance to sell it, you got to scramble, because there's an attack...

Exiting the station with contrabande, ouch.
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

same thing happened to me. I exited the station, shot a few thargoids then next time i looked I was an offender. I assumed one of my laser strikes had gone off target...........but if this has happened to someone else..........maybe I'll edit my save-game and put myself back to clean.
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Rxke wrote:

Sometimes that happens: you scoop stuff en rout to the station, and before you have a chance to sell it, you got to scramble, because there's an attack...

Hmm. I'm not sure. Still, that would suck if you were basically forced into launching while still carrying contraband. Shouldn't one be given a chance to offload that junk before joining the fight? I don't know what happens if you don't agree to fight the 'goids. I wonder if they destroy the station and you die. (Don't spoil it for me.)
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

ramon wrote:
same thing happened to me. I exited the station, shot a few thargoids then next time i looked I was an offender. I assumed one of my laser strikes had gone off target....
That's what I thought at first, too. But when it happened the second time, I didn't think so. I have just gone ahead and lived with the rating. It will go away eventually. And I currently have plenty of credits, so the fines are no biggie.
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

you could always edit your save file (I use crimson editor - http://www.crimsoneditor.com)

<key>legal_status</key>
<integer>0</integer>

make sure the integer is 0, then you'll be clean again.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Rxke wrote:

Errr, that was fixed in Thargoid Wars some time ago. The script records your legal status prior to the attack and resets it to that after you have launched. So any offender status shouldn't come from contraband... Make sure you have the latest version of the oxp.

Also, with the delay prior to the attack, you should have time to off-load at least some of your cargo. Or buy fuel and missiles (if needed). But not both. :twisted:
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.