[SOLVED] Oolite can't see my AddOns folder

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[SOLVED] Oolite can't see my AddOns folder

Post by Gimi »

I build 1.79 master myself and haven't updated my build for a while.
After I updated today, Oolite no longer sees my "AddOns" folder. If I install an OXZ using the "OXZ manager" that OXZ works fine.
Has the requirements for the location of the "AddOns folder changed, has it moved?
I have a somewhat intricate/long path to my build/installation, but that shouldn't be a problem I think.
Last edited by Gimi on Thu May 08, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Oolite can't see my AddOns folder

Post by cim »

It should still work. Could you post the Latest.log? (Can a downloaded nightly build see your AddOns folder, is the other question)
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite can't see my AddOns folder

Post by Gimi »

cim wrote:
It should still work. Could you post the Latest.log? (Can a downloaded nightly build see your AddOns folder, is the other question)
:oops: I should of course have checked the log and more before jumping to conclusions.

When the game didn't show my usual OXP ship when loading the game I went straight into "fix that issue mode" without actually loading the game and checking. Turns out the problem is a shader issue that Cody reported earlier and lies in the new nVidia beta drivers I installed recently. Shaders on Griff ships no longer works, so my ship looks like a vanilla Oolite ship.

Sorry for the false alarm.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: [SOLVED] Oolite can't see my AddOns folder

Post by Cody »

The next beta/WHQL driver release should fix that (a WHQL driver is about due, as it happens).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Cody wrote:
The next beta/WHQL driver release should fix that (a WHQL driver is about due, as it happens).
Thanks Cody.
About one month after beta would be in line with their usual release cycle. I did check the GeForce forums though, and there are still some new issues popping up.

There is a hotfix out though (337.61). OpenGL shader issue is not on the list of fixes, but I'll give them a try.

Edit: Nope, shader fix not included as expected.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Gimi wrote:
Nope, shader fix not included as expected.
Yeah, I gathered that. Gimi - are you using that GeForce Experience thingy? It gave me (and others, as I recall) problems, and I had to uninstall it.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Cody wrote:
Gimi wrote:
Nope, shader fix not included as expected.
Yeah, I gathered that. Gimi - are you using that GeForce Experience thingy? It gave me (and others, as I recall) problems, and I had to uninstall it.
I am, but haven't really had any big problems with it so far. It's buggy and locks up, but without any/much impact on the rest of the system. They released an update last week, 2.01 I think, which should address quite a few issues. Not tested it much though.