No Keyboard Control after Thargoid Attack on Station

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: No Keyboard Control after Thargoid Attack on Station

Post by UK_Eliter »

For what it is worth, this happened to me too, once or twice. But it was ages ago and so I'm unsure which version of Oolite it was (though I can tell you that it was a Windows version).
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: No Keyboard Control after Thargoid Attack on Station

Post by CommRLock78 »

Thanks for the replies fellas :). I hope we can get this settled. As I recall now, I never did try the debug console to set off an attack. I will try that first.
JazHaz wrote:
I suggest you remove Thargoid Wars?
Then I'll try removing Thargoid Wars.
cim wrote:
Since it's mainly been reported in 1.77, I doubt this is a trunk issue (on which, if you could get me a list of those OXPs and issues it would help to tell me whether the problems are OXP bugs being exposed by changes, inevitable consequences of changes, or bugs in the nightly releases which should be fixed)

I can't see anything obvious that would lock out the controls in these circumstances - and certainly it's a core rather than OXP bug if it happens - but I'll take another look over the weekend.
I agree. It was happening with the trunk, but I'm not running trunk right now, I'm running 1.77.1 from the website. So, if it's a core game problem, then 1.77.1 has inherited the bug.
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'