drawASCTarget hud element in 1.79

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

drawASCTarget hud element in 1.79

Post by spara »

Another nice HUD addition, but does not work the way I assumed it would. I'm testing with my sfep stations and it identifies their buoys as main station buoys. It seems to look at the name property and deduce from there. I think it should use displayName instead or at least it should make some other check to make sure the buoy belongs to the main station.

Here's an example of an extra station buoy:

beaconCode: N - SolarTec Coriolis Station Buoy
name: Navigation Buoy
displayName: SolarTec Coriolis Station Buoy
HUD says: Lave Station
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: drawASCTarget hud element in 1.79

Post by cim »

My guess: you used like_ship to copy the main station's navbuoy, so you've copied its new beacon_label property too.

There's no guessing: it uses beacon_label if set, beacon_code if not.

Hmm... perhaps we need to use a new data key for the core nav buoys, and just keep the old data key around for OXPs to like_ship, in that case. You're probably not the only OXP to get nav buoys that way...
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

cim wrote:
My guess: you used like_ship to copy the main station's navbuoy, so you've copied its new beacon_label property too.

There's no guessing: it uses beacon_label if set, beacon_code if not.

Hmm... perhaps we need to use a new data key for the core nav buoys, and just keep the old data key around for OXPs to like_ship, in that case. You're probably not the only OXP to get nav buoys that way...
So much new stuff :lol: . New datakey for main station buoys sounds like a good idea to avoid confusion when using old oxps that can't be updated like GalNavy.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Ah - or easier, don't set the beacon label in shipdata, and just apply it in the populator when adding the buoy.

OXPs which add more buoys which are specifically main station or witchpoint buoys, outside of normal system population, will lose the labels, but that's probably a much smaller number and a less important issue.