Question ? Changing space color to dark blue

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Question ? Changing space color to dark blue

Post by another_commander »

I would not mind putting it as an option in the game, but the current implementation needs a bit of improvement. Having three variables in planetinfo for three different color components is kind of sloppy and different to how other color optional definitions work. Color values should be defined as either arrays of RGB(A) components, or standard Oolite color descriptions like redColor, blueColor etc. I'm thinking something along the lines of scannerDisplayColor1 and scannerDisplayColor2. If someone gets this done, I would be more than happy to have it included as an option in the user defaults file.
Diogenese Senna
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Diogenese Senna »

another_commander wrote:
I would not mind putting it as an option in the game, but the current implementation needs a bit of improvement. Having three variables in planetinfo for three different color components is kind of sloppy and different to how other color optional definitions work. Color values should be defined as either arrays of RGB(A) components, or standard Oolite color descriptions like redColor, blueColor etc. I'm thinking something along the lines of scannerDisplayColor1 and scannerDisplayColor2. If someone gets this done, I would be more than happy to have it included as an option in the user defaults file.
So, who do I need to throw myself in front of and start begging in a thoroughly embarrassing manner?
Location - Galaxy 5 : Python Explorer : Elite
'Death by Wife is fast becoming a real world OXP mission'
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 04#p217004

Simplified code and now values in planetinfo.plist are just read from one entry, which is in RGB(A) format. 8)
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4