Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

planetfall problem

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

tenorman1971
Above Average
Above Average

planetfall problem

Post by tenorman1971 »

Haven't played in quite a while - picked it up again yesterday, and my Linux distro seems to have done some automatic updates. Tried to make planetfall at Atbiarxe in Galaxy 5 and am immediately re-launched away from the planet. Currently playing version 1.77.1 under Linux Mint 15. Anyone else experienced this?
I'm trying to land here to complete part of the Feudal States OXP - don't know if there's a conflict somewhere.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: planetfall problem

Post by Thargoid »

Welcome back :)

For your problem, you need to upgrade to the latest version of the OXP (available via the links below). There was a change in the core game with 1.77 which caused the Planetfall station to spawn too low and so it's immediately destroyed when you "land", hence the relaunch.

The current version of the OXP fixes that issue.
tenorman1971
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tenorman1971 »

Thanks for the reply. I've tried installing planetfall 1.51, but it hasn't cured the problem. I've restarted a couple of times clearing the cache, but it's still automatically relaunching.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hmm,odd. Can you please post the latest.log file just after it has happened (dock at the main station, save and quit then post the log). Please put it between[code][/code] tags to make it easier to read. Then we can investigate a bit more.