Bug/feature for Docking bay on Derelict stations.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Bug/feature for Docking bay on Derelict stations.

Post by Frame »

This is for the release, 1.77.1 however unless someone tampered with the collision code I think this one remains in current releases.

if you put a subentity at any range in front of the docking area at any range (tested up to 10 km), the player can fly right trough it, (this is with is_dock set to false)

if you move the sub entity outside the forward vector of the dimensions of the dock entity, then you can collide with it.

I have a derelict station and there is no way to close the docking bays in order to open them later. That is why i tried with physically blocking the player from
entering the dock and while setting the station to be unpiloted in order to prevent messages.

If you dock with the derelict station, you get fined 5000 credits for unauthorized docking which is very stupid if the station is derelict.
and Derelict stations should not be dockable to begin with.

The only way around this ofcourse is to make a javascript check for the player position and kill or bounce the player should he try to dock.

And btw i would really like a way to open/close a docking bay sort a like

Code: Select all

station.subEntities[0].allow_docking =  true / false
station.subEntities[0].allow_launching = true /false
statiion.subEntities[0].disallowed_docking_collide = true / false
These settings where introduced as set on startup on game only in 1.76 via the shipconfig.plist
I think all the relevant code in regard to AI is already in place, so the only need is methods
to set these properties on the go from a javascript. ofcourse it is never that easy ;).

Great job on the visuals btw. I love it.

Frame.
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Bug/feature for Docking bay on Derelict stations.

Post by cim »

Frame wrote:
This is for the release, 1.77.1 however unless someone tampered with the collision code I think this one remains in current releases.
Yes, likely: the check that you're on docking course is performed before other collision checks.
Frame wrote:

Code: Select all

station.subEntities[0].allow_docking =  true / false
station.subEntities[0].allow_launching = true /false
statiion.subEntities[0].disallowed_docking_collide = true / false
Dock JS reference - 1.77.1 should let you read and write those parameters (though they don't quite have those names). At least, it worked last time I tested it.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Bug/feature for Docking bay on Derelict stations.

Post by Frame »

Ahh Thanks Cim , i Totally missed those new methods. However I did check the station & ship objects where there is no mention of this in the documentation. I would never have thought
it would be documented as an object on its own.

Thanks again, you are doing great work.
Bounty Scanner
Number 935