Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] Trophy Collector

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.1

Post by Diziet Sma »

<with that clarified, wanders off to download the new version>
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.1

Post by spara »

Diziet Sma wrote:
<with that clarified, wanders off to download the new version>
Sadly, expressing myself seems not to be one of my strengths :(. You'll love the new version :mrgreen:.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.1.1

Post by spara »

New version (2.1.1) is up. Fixes the js-warnings when using Oolite 1.77 test release.
slomoe
Competent
Competent
Location: At The Edge, Looking Down Listening To The Winds Of Limbo Roar

Post by slomoe »

Has anybody else had the list bunch up on them from the trophy collector on the in station list? :oops: My first page after docking is all run together after the first couple lines then there is a little space on the right side under that the entries start again second page is okay. The in flight log shows all thirty-eight entries really good. 8) It seems that some of the entries are too long and they bleed over to the other side, some of the mentioned entries are from the assassin oxp (guild targets) so they are a bit longer any help would be appreciated :P
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

I have the same thing occasionally, and I think it's due to another ship oxp that is installed, but I just haven't taken the time to go through and try to narrow it down. I know I have a ship that just shows up as "?" in the list, and that might be it... or not... }:] Anyways, might want to try unloading ship oxps a few at a time and see what you see.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Paradox wrote:
I have the same thing occasionally, and I think it's due to another ship oxp that is installed, but I just haven't taken the time to go through and try to narrow it down. I know I have a ship that just shows up as "?" in the list, and that might be it... or not... }:] Anyways, might want to try unloading ship oxps a few at a time and see what you see.
Thanks for reporting (slomoe too). Sounds like I have to tweak the line width as it should truncate to fit the screen. A screen shot of the situation would be cool, so I can reproduce the problem and fix it. That "?" is originating from some non-existing name (not display_name). I think I'll just put in a cleanup function that removes those entries.
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

spara wrote:
Paradox wrote:
Thanks for reporting (slomoe too). Sounds like I have to tweak the line width as it should truncate to fit the screen. A screen shot of the situation would be cool, so I can reproduce the problem and fix it. That "?" is originating from some non-existing name (not display_name). I think I'll just put in a cleanup function that removes those entries.
Sorry for not saying something sooner. I just spend so much time building and testing new ships now a days, I never seem to get a round to it! }:] I will take a screenie next time unless slomoe gets one first.
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Post by slomoe »

Screenies One And Two One is the problem two is page two which doesn't seem to have a problem!
OneImage

TwoImage
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.1.2

Post by spara »

Fixed now. Donwload updated in the wiki. And while I was at it, I have prettified the layout by utilizing 'hair-line' space character. And on top of that I have added a function that cleans bogus entries from the collection in oxp start-up. By default "?" entries are removed. If you feel this is wrong, you can easily edit the script, just comment or remove this.$cleanTrophyCollection(); from startUp. Or on the other hand adding other bogus entries is easy, just put the name you want to remove to the bogusEntries array.
Paradox wrote:
Sorry for not saying something sooner. I just spend so much time building and testing new ships now a days, I never seem to get a round to it! }:] I will take a screenie next time unless slomoe gets one first.
It's the same for me, I haven't actually played the game for quite some time now, so these reports are much valued. Every time I start to play, something tweakable gets my attention and I just have to fix it before I can play again. Rescue stations being the latest derailment...
slomoe
Competent
Competent

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.1.2

Post by slomoe »

Thanks spara, works great now 8) :!:
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.2

Post by spara »

This oxp has been revised for 1.79. The in-flight mission screen showing the kill log of 38 events has been moved to the station interface. For in-flight use, introducing a new Bounty Log MFD showing 10 latest trophies:
Download from the expansion pack manager or from the wiki.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.2.1

Post by spara »

New version (2.2.1) for 1.79. Fixed a minor bug in the truncating function for MFD. The format is still the same: bounty, shipname (system). If the line is too wide for the MFD, system name will be chopped down to 4 characters and if that's not enough, shipname is chopped until the line fits.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.2.2

Post by spara »

A ńew version 2.2.2.

* MFD element is now an equipment that costs 300 credits. Available from any station with TL5 or higher.
* F4 interface initializes now correctly when loading from a non main station.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 2.2.2

Post by phkb »

spara has kindly allowed me to take on the maintenance of this OXP. Version 2.3.0 is now available in the DL manager. Essentially the only real change in this version is for the F4 interface screen to recognise a HUD that enables the big GUI, so you can get more items on the screen.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector

Post by Milo »

I think this OXP assumes that its equipment would only be repaired while in flight. It tries to update the MFD when the equipment is repaired. During ship replacement, while docked (using Ship Repurchase OXP), I got the following error, and gathered some extra info from the debug console:
ship lost EQ_TROPHY_MFD_DAMAGED
ship got EQ_TROPHY_MFD
EQ_TROPHY_MFD repaired
Exception: TypeError: this.$trophyArray[line][1].split is not a function
Active script: trophy_col 2.3.0
script.js, line 120:
var details = this.$trophyArray[line][1].split(", ")

> worldScripts["trophy_col"].$trophyArray
[["Barracuda", 1], ["Cobra Mark IV", 1], ["Fer-de-Lance", 1], ["Gecko Leader", 1], ["Gecko", 1], ["Gnat", 1], ["Hognose", 1], ["Krait", 5], ["Mamba Leader", 1], ["Mamba", 8], ["Monitor Mark II", 1], ["Moray Star Boat", 1], ["Shark", 1], ["Sidewinder Scout Ship", 1], ["Sidewinder Special", 1], ["Wolf Mark II", 1]]

> worldScripts["trophy_col"].$trophyArray.length

> worldScripts["trophy_col"].$trophyArray[0][1]