Cobra And Multi-Targeting Sytem Problem?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

capt.Pirk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Cobra And Multi-Targeting Sytem Problem?

Post by capt.Pirk »

Hello.
I have installed the title item on my mk3 Cobra, but it doesn't appear to work :?
Previously on a different profile attempt, I purchased a Weevoid ship with extras on. Among them was a multi-targeting system. This worked 'out of the box' providing details (e.g. legal status) of locked targets. This is good of course (friend or foe).
Why doesn't my Cobra system work?

p.s. I also have advanced compass, which is fine..

p.p.s. I am using latest rsync dev package.
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

That's because the multi targeting system doesn't do that - you want the Scanner Targeting Enhancement.
capt.Pirk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by capt.Pirk »

winston wrote:
That's because the multi targeting system doesn't do that - you want the Scanner Targeting Enhancement.
Bugger and Bowlocks ! :oops:
magamo
Competent
Competent

Post by magamo »

The Multi Targetting Enhancement allows you to use the Y key by default to switch pylons, and lock multiple missiles onto different targets (Or multiple missiles onto the same target)
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

magamo wrote:
The Multi Targetting Enhancement allows you to... and lock multiple missiles onto different targets (Or multiple missiles onto the same target)
How do you do that? If I target a ship, then use Y to move to the next missile, target again and fire - only one is fired.
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Yes, it fires only one, but you can choose which one in your weaponsrack; that could be a plain missile, a ECM-hardened one, or a QC mine...
capt.Pirk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by capt.Pirk »

Rxke wrote:
Yes, it fires only one, but you can choose which one in your weaponsrack; that could be a plain missile, a ECM-hardened one, or a QC mine...
Bloody hell. At this rate I'm gonna need to have a real helm control! :lol:
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Rxke wrote:
Thats how I understood it worked, but Magamos post suggested that you could line up multiples of difefrent kinds and then fire them - sounded wicked.
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
magamo
Competent
Competent

Post by magamo »

What I mean, is that you can lock multiple missiles at once with it. (Heh, I was writing that at 3am my time, after coming home from a convention, so I apologize for it not making sense) You can have each and every one of your missles locked, on differnet targets, or the same target. You still have to launch them individually.