BGS - The BackgroundSet

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Scoria
Above Average
Above Average

Re: BGS - The BackgroundSet

Post by Scoria »

Sorry I don't know if this is the place to ask but is the custom docking animation supposed to work with the Rock Hermits?
I thought it probably is but it doesn't appear to work with mine. Works fine for the stations though.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Scoria wrote:
Sorry I don't know if this is the place to ask but is the custom docking animation supposed to work with the Rock Hermits?
It can easily be made to work with rock hermits - see here.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Scoria
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Scoria »

Hmm didn't work. However it is extremely likely I did it wrong. My understanding was that I should open the shipdata.plist and edit it so it reads

Code: Select all

"rock-hermit" =
	{
		ai_type = "rockHermitAI.plist";
		cargo_type = "CARGO_NOT_CARGO";
		energy_recharge_rate = 5;
		"equipment_price_factor" = 4.5;
		"equivalent_tech_level" = 1;
		forward_weapon_type = "WEAPON_NONE";
		frangible = 0;
		has_ecm = yes;
		has_escape_pod = no;
		has_scoop = no;
		"max_defense_ships" = 2;
		max_energy = 1000;
		max_flight_pitch = 8;
		max_flight_roll = 8;
		max_flight_speed = 0;
		"max_scavengers" = 1;
		missiles = 0;
		model = "new-rock.dat";
		name = "Rock Hermit";
		requires_docking_clearance = no;
		roles = "rockhermit station";
		tunnel_corners = 6;
		tunnel_start_angle = 0;
		tunnel_aspect_ratio = 1;
		scan_class = "CLASS_ROCK";
		smooth = yes;
      script_info = {bgs_tunnel_shape = "1.0";};
Was I correct in assuming that or have I done something terribly wrong?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Did you hold shift down 'til the spinning Cobra appears when restarting Oolite?
Scoria
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Scoria »

Yes. Might be the text editor I'm using? Or maybe the way I edited in the line. I started on a new line and added spacekey strokes until it was even... didn't feel like the right way to do it but I couldn't figure out an alternative in Wordpad.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Scoria wrote:
Yes. Might be the text editor I'm using? [ ... ] Wordpad.
Wordpad should be okay (it's Notepad that can be tricky). If you intend to do any amount of tweaking, I'd recommend Notepad++ - it's free and cool.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Scoria wrote:
Was I correct in assuming that or have I done something terribly wrong?
Looks good - should work.

Adding the line is the only required change and if you are holding the shift-key while starting Oolite it should show the effect on hermits which are using the declaration you've posted. The only thing that can happen is that another OXP redefines the script_info for the "rock-hermit". Multiple script_info dictionaries in shipdata.plist and shipdata-overrides.plist across OXPs are not merged, they are overriding each other...
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rorschachhamster »

Shouldn't it be

script_info = {bgs_tunnel_shape = "1.0"};
};
instead of

script_info = {bgs_tunnel_shape = "1.0";};
?
:wink:

EDIT: Or, wait? If it is really the latter, like in the example, there needs to be another

};
at the end of the .plist. :| I'm a little confused right now
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Rorschachhamster wrote:
EDIT: Or, wait? If it is really the latter, like in the example, there needs to be another...at the end of the .plist. :| I'm a little confused right now
The posted code skips the rest of the "rock-hermit" declaration (subentities, ...), because it is not relevant for this question .-) It's really only one line we are interested in.
Scoria
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Scoria »

Weird. Still hasn't worked. Can't think of any reason my other installed Oxps would be messing with the rock hermit shipdata. If it helps I'm using:
  • Marketaide,
    Deep Horizon's
    -Systems
    -Lights Down
    -Nav buoy
    Griff's Shipset Replace + Resources
    Griff's Stations (Possible culprit but I didn't think this messed with Rock Hermits)

As well as BGS and the required Oxps for that of course. If it's too much of a hassle figuring out don't worry about it. I'm sure I can live with slightly different animations for Hermits.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Anything in the log file?

Please locate "latest.log" on your computer and post its content here. Please include it in tags (accessible right above the window where you type your post).
Scoria
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Scoria »

Haha I'm not an idiot I know how to use the code tags. :wink:

Opening log for Oolite version 1.77 (x86-32) under Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 32-bit at 2013-09-25 02:59:28 +1200.
2 processors detected.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

02:59:28.888 [dataCache.notFound]: No data cache found, starting from scratch.
02:59:29.906 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1920 x 1080
02:59:30.104 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
02:59:30.135 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.2 ("2.1.2"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce 9300 GE/PCI/SSE2".
02:59:30.136 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (145):
GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_NV_fence, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
02:59:30.144 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
02:59:30.145 [dataCache.notFound]: No data cache found, starting from scratch.
02:59:30.146 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
    Resources
    ../AddOns
02:59:30.454 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
02:59:30.717 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 9 world scripts:
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.77
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.77
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.77
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.77
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.77
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.77
    oolite-nova 1.77
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.77
    oolite-trumbles 1.77
02:59:31.715 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 2.82 seconds. ==========
02:59:53.357 [exit.context]: Exiting: SDL_QUIT event received.
02:59:53.359 [gnustep]: 2013-09-25 02:59:53.359 oolite[3472] Defaults path 'C:\Program Files/Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Defaults' did not exist - created it

02:59:53.363 [gnustep]: 2013-09-25 02:59:53.363 oolite[3472] Creating empty user defaults database

02:59:53.375 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2013-09-25 02:59:53 +1200.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Is that the correct log? It looks like a start-up log and it ain't showing any installed OXPs.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Can you post the log that is produced after you've started Oolite with Shift held down? The log posted earlier is a First-Ever-Startup log of the game, coming from a completely virgin installation. No OXPs appear to be loaded. Do you have multiple versions of the game installed simultaneously?
Scoria
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Scoria »

This is the correct log. I noticed that but didn't wanna say anything as this is the first time I've had a look at the log and didn't know if that was normal or not. However all OXPs are working perfectly.