Station with an identity crisis

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Station with an identity crisis

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

I was recently back at Xexedi (galaxy 1) after having been there many times. I had my identification system on, and happened to point at the station that i was approaching (a normal coriolis station), but the computer identified it as the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard! Other slightly wierd things were going on, like ships in the vicinity sitting completely still, shooting at each other.... and missing consistently. Two of the ships that were "attacking" a fugitive were shown as purple (cop) blips on radar, but they were TIE interceptors (I downloaded the Star Wars ships oxp). I don't know if TIE ships are designed to be cops sometimes in that oxp or not.
Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

Post by Kriken Overlord »

Yes, cops can be TIEs
There is something deeply, deeply wrong with me, and I intend to find out what it is, as soon as I'm done burning this cat.
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

there is a sort of precedent - see http://www.impstherelentless.com

(it's excellent!) :wink: (thanx to whoever it was mentioned it on another thread!)
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

OK. So I shouldn't have mentioned TIEs being cops as a suspected bug. But the other stuff was definitely weird. So, am I supposed to send all the info about my computer to Giles now.... or since this mostly deals with an oxp (the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard), is it not his thing to deal with?

As for the ships sitting still and firing at each other without hitting, maybe they were just stoned. :wink:
magamo
Competent
Competent

Post by magamo »

Commodore Sics D'fore wrote:
OK. So I shouldn't have mentioned TIEs being cops as a suspected bug. But the other stuff was definitely weird. So, am I supposed to send all the info about my computer to Giles now.... or since this mostly deals with an oxp (the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard), is it not his thing to deal with?
Definitely strange. I do think that this particular thing should be directed toward Selezen. On a related note, I'm noticing that the normal system Dodo station in Tionisla is also called "Tionisla Orbital Graveyard" as of the last version of the OXP that I downloaded.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I think there was a bug in the GRAVEYARD.OXP which caused Dodo stations in general (rather than just the one near the Gaveyard) appear all over the place with the name of the Graveyard Station.

Think this was fixed in a later version of the OXP and I've not had this bug since.

Post the OXP author if you think you've found a bug.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.