Bug with Cargo Bay Extension / sell_equipment_1.3.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Bug with Cargo Bay Extension / sell_equipment_1.3.oxp

Post by snork »

hej,

I think I have a bug, either in the game itself or in the sell_equipment_1.3.oxp .
(oolite 1.73.4 on windows;
oxps : yah, asteroid storm, hawksound, pods, cargo_wreck_teaser, hyperradio, snoopers, and of course : snark.oxp )

With the Cobra3 from the beginning, I purchased 1 Cargo Bay extension, however my Cobra then had 50 T of cargo space. (should have been 20+15=35)

I was then (next planet) able to sell it twice - each time it took 10Credits fee and gave ~240 Credits for the sold Cargo bay each.
(so about 70 credits profit from bying / selling the CBE(s) alone)

But what bugs me more about it, is that even without any extra Cargo Bay, my Cobra3 still has 35 tons cargo space. :(

Is there a way I can like "edit" my Cobra to once again have its 20 TC ?
Anyone else had this faulty behaviour ?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Its an Oolite 1.73 bug were it awards the bay twice. Its already fixed. read here

You could edit a copy of your save file. Look for:

Code: Select all

<key>max_cargo</key>
	<integer>20</integer>
Change it to 30 when you don't have the bay extension or to 35 when having the extension.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Eric Walch wrote:
Its an Oolite 1.73 bug were it awards the bay twice. Its already fixed. read here

You could edit a copy of your save file. Look for:

Code: Select all

<key>max_cargo</key>
	<integer>20</integer>
Change it to 30 when you don't have the bay extension or to 35 when having the extension.
20, surely Eric?
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

Thank you.

Now happy with a standard Cobra3 again. :)
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Bug with Cargo Bay Extension / sell_equipment_1.3.oxp

Post by vsfc »

Hi,

I found a cheat! Easy money, guys and girls! :D But note: do not use it if you have time dependent contract as it is taking a valuable game time and this cheat only works if your ship has Cargo Bay Extender installed. First buy a full load of any type of cargo. Just to fill it up the neck and then use sell Cargo Bay Extender in F3 screen. It does not get sold and stays in your F5 equipment list but also adds cash to your account! Just sell it as many times as you want to reach desirable amount of credit and watch as game time passes. Be quick before someone fixes it. :wink:

Cheers,
V-SFC
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

vsfc wrote:
Hi,

I found a cheat! Easy money, guys and girls! :D But note: do not use it if you have time dependent contract as it is taking a valuable game time and this cheat only works if your ship has Cargo Bay Extender installed. First buy a full load of any type of cargo. Just to fill it up the neck and then use sell Cargo Bay Extender in F3 screen. It does not get sold and stays in your F5 equipment list but also adds cash to your account! Just sell it as many times as you want to reach desirable amount of credit and watch as game time passes. Be quick before someone fixes it. :wink:

Cheers,
V-SFC
Reminds me of the bug in Frontier where you could sell your passenger cabins still occupied with passengers. You would be credited for the sale but then the game would notice you still had a passenger and would put the cabin(s) back...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

vsfc wrote:
This sounds like it does need fixing. I'll look into it. Thanks for the report. :)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

New version (1.5) with a provisional fix for the above mentioned problem released. Please download via [EliteWiki] the Wiki.

A real fix will be possible in Oolite 1.79.