Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Boa Class Cruiser

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

xenon
Poor
Poor

Boa Class Cruiser

Post by xenon »

I am trying to save up for a Boa Class Cruiser. Their specification looks good, does anyone have anything to say about them?
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Good ship, but slow, and not very agile, so you need a fuel injector to get out of most fights, or even hyperspace out of dire situations. Pack the maximum of ECM hardened missiles too, they come in handy.
I once ended up with one without a laser, and getting safe to a docking station was an adventure in itself, whew!
Odo987
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Odo987 »

Well, I guess I'll weigh in with an opposite opinion. Best ship I've ever had. Cargo capacity for all but the largest jobs, tons of energy, good speed, not the fastest at cornering, but still does fine in dogfights. Fully equipped it can clear out an Anarchy system, blow up Behemoths and wipe the floor with Thargons. Never needed to fire a missile in anger. Greatest ship out there. In my opinion.

Yes, they cost an arm and a leg, but you'll make that money back within hours. I just became a multi-millionaire a little while ago thanks to it.

Of course you can get some better ships in the OXPs, but I'm old school.

EDIT: One more thing, they don't have 'wings' so you don't heed to line up radially when docking. Just fly in any which way.
Attacking a Navigational Beacon is illegal. Police are on their way.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I didn't say it was flawed, I think it's a good ship, but I when you have some of the more deadly addons installed, it sometimes felt like a bull fighting hornets, heehee.

That said I never lost a fight (I mean as in: game over) when I was flying it. Any ship that gets you through an anarchy alive is a good ship.
xenon
Poor
Poor

Post by xenon »

It looks like the best all round ship from the specs, and no I haven't added the OXP pack. It still seems to have a pretty good rate of turn, for a large ship, and with witchdrive injectors could be fast enough. I am going to have to save through!
Lord Winslow
Above Average
Above Average

its ok

Post by Lord Winslow »

its pretty good for cargo, but i like the python class cruiser better just because its faster, and it has a max cargo space of 160t
For the Glory of the Federation
-Lord Winslow