Now here's an idea!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

Now here's an idea!

Post by Kriken Overlord »

Sorry if this is in the wring place (I'm new here).

I am tired of the time it takes to get from beacon to station. What if someone made a Hyperspeed Bypass Router for your ship, that let you ignore neaby ships when you wanted to? It could drain power whenever a ship came by, to balance it out. I think this would make it pretty cool.
There is something deeply, deeply wrong with me, and I intend to find out what it is, as soon as I'm done burning this cat.
jonnycuba
Deadly
Deadly

Post by jonnycuba »

Hi,

From the Suggestion box F.A.Q...

1. https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=301
Team Zorg are Go!
cultist
Competent
Competent

Post by cultist »

hah,i remember those times when i was complaining it was too hard...but now sadly it`s way too easy for me :(.
firstly there is a way to get around.lets say you just hyper to another planet and you can see it rather small.now try to get the planet in your right or left or bottom left or right of your hud by rotating (standing still)...well if you could see only the margins of the planet that would be better...i`m doing this and i encounter only one two ships and no pirates...
as you increase your speed dont loose the planet from your corner of your hud!...it will eventualy grow bigger and bigger and you will stop at the coriolis.another thing to do later in the game is to buy injectors to outrun the scarce ships you encounter so that you can speed up with j faster!
i hope this will help you,ill post some screenshots if you dont get it
btw aegidian you should add some pirates on those roots that ppl take to avoid em :D that would make the game a ot harder
I`ll either find a way or make one!
capt.Pirk
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by capt.Pirk »

cultist wrote:
firstly there is a way to get around.lets say you just hyper to another planet and you can see it rather small.now try to get the planet in your right or left or bottom left or right of your hud by rotating (standing still)...well if you could see only the margins of the planet that would be better...i`m doing this and i encounter only one two ships and no pirates..
Ah yes, that sneaky move :D
Well funnily enough, I also used to think that if you didn't aim straight for the planet, the game wouldn't encounter 'tripping points' so quickly, as you've noted.
The jury's still out on tht one for certain, but it seems to help sometimes..
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

The easiest way to avoid all encounters is to turn 90 degrees from the planet the moment you jump into the system, use the jump engine for 10 seconds or so and only then turn towards the planet.

That's how you avoid all the other traffic that seems to concentrate on the main space lane.

Of course, you will not accumulate any kills either... :?
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
Kriken Overlord
Competent
Competent

Post by Kriken Overlord »

Yep. I have the injectors now. But I'm moving on... To Drew's Status Quo engine (if he will let me).
There is something deeply, deeply wrong with me, and I intend to find out what it is, as soon as I'm done burning this cat.