PC: Entry slits turned 90 degrees, no external views

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

PC: Entry slits turned 90 degrees, no external views

Post by Wolfwood »

Just installed v1.65 beta 3 and decided to test the external views.

But when I pressed on 'v', nothing happened. Not on standard Cobra Mk3, nor on a ship that I added the necessary shipdata keys to... :(

Also, upon meeting Behemoth Argus, I saw that its docking slit was turned 90 degrees, making it pretty hard to figure out which way I should try docking it...
Author of Tales from the Frontier - official Elite 4 anthology.
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Download the latest version of the Behemoth and Python Class Cruiser OXPs, and get rid of Oolite's cache (to refresh the stored models).

That should fix it.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Where, on PC, will I find the cache? I already tried the half-classic "hold down the shift key while starting the program" and I went through several folders that usually contain this sort of stuff...
Author of Marcan Rayger adventures - unofficial fan-fic novellas set in the Frontier universe.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Where's the cache?

Post by aegidian »

On a PC:

(Home Directory):GNUstep:Library:Oolite-cache

On a Mac:

(Home Directory)/Library/Application Support/Oolite/cache

The holding-down-shift-while-launching to delete the cache sounds like a good idea. It might also be a good idea to have a CLI start-up option to do it as well.

Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

There's no "Library" folder anywhere under Oolite directory structure... I think there was one on some earlier release, but not on the latest one. All the DLL files (library files) are in the Oolite home directory nowadays...

The main directory contains these subfolders: "Contents", "GNUstep", "Oolite-saves" and "Resources"

All I have under "GNUstep" directory, is another directory, called "Defaults", which only contains the ".GNUstepDefaults" file.
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Ah, saw another Behemoth and it seems that the docking slit is now in the correct orientation after I downloaded the latest version of the OXP.

However, I still cannot see the external views. Nothing happens when I press the 'v' key... :(

Also, I looked through the "shipdata.plist" and none of the ships have external views set, as far as I can see. Might it be that the Windows release contains an older version of the shipdata.plist?
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Sorry about the serial-posting...

But I just checked some other files as well. There's no mention of the external views or anything of the like in the "keyconfig.plist" file either...

I'm getting a strong feeling that the Windows release is not, in fact, the whole deal... It is supposed to be svn revision 590 (2006-06-20), right?

I uninstalled the previous version before installing this one, so any sort of clash should not have caused this either...
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Currently, none of the standard ships have external views set, nor have I updated keyconfig.plist - the only ship with set external views is the latest Python Class Cruiser.

Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Ah! :)

The problem was basically a combination of a misunderstanding (I thought the standard Cobra would have the functionality already) and a stupid typo in my own shipdata.plist... :roll: