gamepad, profile and shipyards

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

3DH
Competent
Competent

gamepad, profile and shipyards

Post by 3DH »

This text is translated by google:

Firstly, I would like to thank for the Oolite. Great remake.

And now a few suggestions:

1 - fully configurable gamepad, with 'Hyperspace jump', 'Cycle Space Compass', 'Fast Docking' etc. It would be great if was a possibility to use a combination of buttons. Example: L1 + R1 = 'Hyperspace jump'.
2 - under the key 'F5', you can see your spaceship (without OXP). Example.
3 - 'No ships available for purchase' - on the planets with TL: 10-15 should always be a few ships.
Last edited by 3DH on Mon May 27, 2013 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: gamepad, profile and shipyards

Post by Smivs »

Hi 3DH, and welcome to the friendliest board this side of Riedquat.
I don't know much about gamepads but there are a few threads here on the forum regarding setting up such things I believe. There is a great search plug-in discussed here which may help you to find stuff.
Your idea about seeing the ship is quite good, and it might be doable via OXP. I wouldn't want that feature in the core game though - personally I like the nice clean un-cluttered screens the game comes with so would not want this myself.
As for the ships for sale, well you do occassionally find there are none, although this is quite rare at the higher Tech Level stations. I suppose it reflects real life really - you can't always find what you want in the shops. :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
3DH
Competent
Competent

Re: gamepad, profile and shipyards

Post by 3DH »

Hi Smivs.

I configured my gamepad using the 'Logitech profiler'. It is only a problem with the 'axes' and 'roll/pitch precision toggle', it is better use the settings from the Oolite, and the rest from 'Logiteh profiler'.

After all, it would be better to have everything in the game, without using additional software.