[Release] Station Validator 1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Station Validator 0.1.1 (WIP)

Post by spara »

Thanks for comments. Next version will be quite different now that I have had time to ponder things. A lot of testing has to be done before I'll post the next version, but here's the current design:

* worldScripts.station_validator.$deaths("your_station_role", rebuildTime) returns an array of objects. An object consists of death time and spawn place. Zero length array means that the queried station can be built. RebuildTime is optional and defaults to 30 (days).
* In case of multiple stations, the spawning oxp should do the work based on the data received.
* In case of constructs, the spawning oxp does the work based on the data received. The construct must be built at the original station's spawn place. Coordinates are received from $deaths function. Construct must have "construct" in it's roles. Construct must have constructRole = "role_of_the_station_to_be_built" in it's script_info. Destruction of the construct resets the the death time of the original. Original is identified by the role from constructRole and the spawn place of the construct.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Station Validator 0.2

Post by spara »

Here it is. Version 0.2. Details are in the first post.

For testing purposes I have included a dirty_hacks.oxp :mrgreen: that will hack WildShips OXP and YAH OXP to work with this oxp on the fly. This is meant to be temporary and will be removed from the oxp in the future.

SothisTC has been updated to work with this oxp.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

After next week (when I'm AWOL on a business trip) I'll look at incorporating the "dirty hack" into the proper WildShips OXP, for proper long-term compatibility.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thargoid wrote:
After next week (when I'm AWOL on a business trip) I'll look at incorporating the "dirty hack" into the proper WildShips OXP, for proper long-term compatibility.
Great! :D The API can be considered to be fixed. I'll probably do some small internal tweaking. For example the maximum rebuildTime is currently fixed to 30 days, I'll probably up that a bit. And bugs will be fixed if found, of course. I've tested it quite a bit, blowing up stations across the chart, so there should not be any fatal bugs, but you never know. I'll let it be a WIP for a week or two and hope that people test it and report bugs (and post suggestions). After that, I'll release the final version and remove the "dirty hacks."
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Station Validator 0.3

Post by spara »

New version 0.3 to test.

* Core stations and hermits are now handled too. Their spawning will be held for 30 days. Let's see how this plays.
* Max rebuildTime upped to 60 days.
* Bunch of oxp stations added to dirty_hacks. Now includes WildShips, Anarchies, ConStores, Taxi Galactica, Tionisla Chronicle Array, Space Bars, Buyo Repair and GalNavy. These are for testing purposes and are not tested extensively (if at all). Meaning that strange things can happen :).
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Station Validator 0.4

Post by spara »

Cleaned up the dirty_hacks a bit.

* Removed Space Bars as they are already defined to use the Validator (if present) in the latest version of Random Hits.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Station Validator 1.0

Post by spara »

I've been meaning to actually release this for a long time, but haven't got around to do it. So here we go, wiki page and all. Version 1.0 is out.

* Compatibility fix for Rescue Stations.

I have removed the dirty_hacks oxp from the release version. The old one (bundled in 0.4) still works ok, if someone want's to use it.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

spara wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:38 pm
I've been meaning to actually release this for a long time, but haven't got around to do it. So here we go, wiki page and all. Version 1.0 is out.

* Compatibility fix for Rescue Stations.

I have removed the dirty_hacks oxp from the release version. The old one (bundled in 0.4) still works ok, if someone want's to use it.
Sorry - does this OXP actually start mending the stations? Or does it just flag them up for others to create OXPs which mend stations?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Just thinking.

If I visit a system where the main orbital station as been destroyed:

Option one: other stations exist at main planet (eg Sothis, Superhub etc)
One of them temporarily takes over the role of the MOS - no major impact on markets (higher prices for machinery & alloys?)

Option two: other stations only exist at secondary planets
Major impact on all markets. The main market is now down on the planet. Perhaps taxes reduced to stabilise prices and keep market relatively stable? Perhaps taxes increased to fund rebuild of station?
Major impact on Rock Hermit markets etc

Option two: no other stations
As above, but no secondary planet markets to impact

Also concomitant effects on F3 prices & availability!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Sorry to disappoint, but this oxp only prevents the destroyed to be respawned before set time. Construction versions of the stations could be added, if wanted. I had an idea of some sort of generic "work in process" -placeholder, like a construction site or something, but never got around with it.

About the markets. If I recall it correctly, one of the secondary station (rock hermit in the vanilla) is promoted to a main station, if the main station is not there. There are space lanes to consider also. Those AI-ships follow some routes and if the main station is not there, interesting things could happen.