Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Taranis OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Taranis OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

Eric Walch wrote:
Also should the auto-launch of npc-traffic only happen with rotating stations.
Biospheres receive and launch NPC traders. Why should it matter if a station is rotating?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Wildeblood wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
Also should the auto-launch of npc-traffic only happen with rotating stations.
Biospheres receive and launch NPC traders. Why should it matter if a station is rotating?
I don't know, but I think the rotation restriction was added so that carriers don't launch traders. Result is that classic rock hermits also don't launch traders, but Griff's rotating rock hermit does. :lol:
And I agree that I always wondered why the isRotating was uses as criterium and not maxSpeed >0. If it really was to eliminate carriers, the later test would be more appropriate. Maybe worth to look for a change here.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Is Taranis an orphaned OXP? If so, I feel motivated to carry on with the missions. I'm a little sorry that there's only one :( , but I think Roberto did a great job on this expansion; I really like the briefing music as well :mrgreen: .
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
Commander Redec
Above Average
Above Average

Re:

Post by Commander Redec »

As far as I understand the ship should be added to the system Reinen on arrival. Well, I have arrived to the system, but I can't find the damn thing. I have been flying around for almost an hour now. No signs of the ship. Am I just impatient, or...?

Relevant entries in my save file are:

<key>mission_taranis_one</key>
<string>TAR1_ACTIVE</string>
<key>mission_taranis_one_daysremaining</key>
<string>two days</string>
<key>mission_taranis_one_startdate</key>
<string>2084185</string>
<key>taranis_one</key>
<string>Destroy Wolf Mark II with Taranis markings at Reinen within two days.</string>

/ Commander Redec
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

As far as I remember, the ship is far away from the spacelane and can only be found with the advanced compass. (For a weird reason it act as beacon :lol: )
Commander Redec
Above Average
Above Average

Eric Walch wrote:
As far as I remember, the ship is far away from the spacelane and can only be found with the advanced compass. (For a weird reason it act as beacon :lol: )
I have an advanced compass installed. I haven't seen any signs of the ship on the compass. I guess the ship should be in range of the radar to be seen on the compass, so I have to be near the ship. I'll give it one more try. If I can't find it, I'll drop the mission. I have ran out of patience...

/ Commander Redec
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Commander Redec wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:
I have an advanced compass installed. I haven't seen any signs of the ship on the compass. I guess the ship should be in range of the radar to be seen on the compass, so I have to be near the ship.
Nope. You have to cycle through your compass targets (default key "\") until the beacon of your target gets displayed. I can't say which beacon symbol it uses (you were probably told that in your mission briefing), but you'll find it after the standard symbols (planet, sun, nav buoy, witchpoint buoy).

See [EliteWiki] here for how the Advanced Space Compass works.
Commander Redec
Above Average
Above Average

Commander McLane wrote:
...You have to cycle through your compass targets (default key "\") until the beacon of your target gets displayed...
Thank you for learning me how to use the advanced compass. With that knowledge I had no problem finding the bastard. Killing him was neither a problem.

/ Commander Redec
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Commander Redec wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
...You have to cycle through your compass targets (default key "\") until the beacon of your target gets displayed...
Thank you for learning me how to use the advanced compass. With that knowledge I had no problem finding the barsteward. Killing him was neither a problem.

/ Commander Redec
The last time I did that mission I had the problem of too many police around. Had to tail the mark until the purple lollypops disappeared. Even then he turned around which brought the police back into scanner range. Annoying! :evil: