[Release] Anarchies facelift oxp 0.5

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Release] Anarchies facelift oxp 0.5

Post by spara »

After facelifting GalNavy, I took a closer look at the Anarchies oxp by Commander McLane to see if the graphics could be upped a bit.
Anarchies Facelift OXP ver 0.5 (20.08.2013)

Author: spara (Mika Spåra)

_Description_

This oxp upgrades Anarchies oxp by Commander McLane to better fit in to a Griffified game and adds support for some popular oxps.

* Salvaged ship models in Salvage-Gang bases are replaced with ship models from installed shipset. In theory this works with every shipset, in practise it has been tweaked to work with Griff's shipset.
* Sentinel Station and Renegade Station are replaced with ADCK's retextured Navy Bases.
* Salvager Tugger is replaced with Griff's Hognose. Salvaged ship towed by Tugger is replaced with a ship model from installed shipset. Again tweaked to work with Griff's shipset.
* Salvager Phoenix is retextured using Griff's Mamba & Python textures. Normal map and emission map is added.
* Hacker Viper is replaced with a Griff's Viper model.
* Rock textures of Salvage Gang base and Hacker Outpost have been Griffified with Griff's texture and custom shaders. Normal maps and emission maps have been added when needed.
* All stations have custom BGS tunnel texture.
* Compatibility with random shipnames oxp where appropriate.
* Compatibility with skilled NPCs oxp where appropriate.

_Requirements_

* Anarchies by Commander McLane

Download from wiki

Enjoy.
Last edited by spara on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Anarchies facelift oxp 0.1

Post by Diziet Sma »

Nice! Downloading..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Looking nice. :D

One thing that's missing (but it's missing in Anarchies OXP as well, so it's not your fault, but mine) is to griffify the Sentinel/Renegade Station's docking bay. I have no idea why I haven't long done that.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Commander McLane wrote:
Looking nice. :D

One thing that's missing (but it's missing in Anarchies OXP as well, so it's not your fault, but mine) is to griffify the Sentinel/Renegade Station's docking bay. I have no idea why I haven't long done that.
True. Should fix that in GalNavy facelift too. I'll check it out. I will also make a higher resolution, better aligned texture for Phoenix, when I have some time.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Anarchies facelift oxp 0.2

Post by spara »

New version (0.2) is up.

* New hires texture for Salvager Phoenix. Image in the first post is updated. Color scheme matches the rotating motors :).
* Renegade & Sentinel stations now have proper docks.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Anarchies facelift oxp 0.3

Post by spara »

New version (0.3) is up. After Griff released the new Hognose and there were some talk about the Anarchies oxp, I just had to pimp this oxp up. 8) New image in the first post.

* Now tweaked to work primary with Griff's ships. Should work with others too, but some displacement might occur.
* Salvager Tuggers now use Griff's Hognoses, with Salvage Gang decal.
* Hacker Vipers are now Griff's Vipers, with renegade viper decal.

Now my poor retextured Phoenix looks very home made when comparing to Griff's amazing work :lol:.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I have a re-sprayed viper texture that I don't think i'm going to use for anything, it has some anarchy symbols in it (although it also has rainbows and daisies too :lol: )
I could add a bit more paint to it and post it up if you think it would fit in with your oxp idea
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hah. That's goofy :lol:. Not exactly sure the hippie style would be used by die hard pirates and hackers thought. Maybe it could be seen as a "up yours" type of thing: "Here's what we think of your precious Vipers!" :mrgreen:

That anarchy symbol is nice though.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Griff wrote:
I have a re-sprayed viper texture that I don't think i'm going to use for anything, it has some anarchy symbols in it (although it also has rainbows and daisies too :lol: )
I could add a bit more paint to it and post it up if you think it would fit in with your oxp idea
Speaking as an anarchist myself, there is nothing about rainbows and flowers that is incompatible with anarchism..

Anarchists were amongst the very earliest proponents of environmentalism, and are very firmly about equality for all, including those with differing sexual tendencies, so rainbows and daisies seem rather apt, actually.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Speaking as an anarchist myself, there is nothing about rainbows and flowers that is incompatible with anarchism..

Anarchists were amongst the very earliest proponents of environmentalism, and are very firmly about equality for all, including those with differing sexual tendencies, so rainbows and daisies seem rather apt, actually.
That's true. However, it is also true that, at least where I live, the aesthetic style tends to follow the stereotypes of punk. And this also is what most people expect to see when they think about anarchists.
Some kind of self fulfilling profecy, maybe .:)

Surely, I'd love to see more anarchists with a cheerful look. :D Maybe in the far future... Wait! Never thought anyone to do a Culture OXP, that transform some anarchy system in a pacific place with orbitals, enormous ships and so on? Some kind of Finally_we_made_it-anarchies.oxp :D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Tichy wrote:
However, it is also true that, at least where I live, the aesthetic style tends to follow the stereotypes of punk. And this also is what most people expect to see when they think about anarchists.
Some kind of self fulfilling profecy, maybe .:)
I'm probably not helping in that regard myself.. given that my entire wardrobe consists of just 3 colours.. black, black, and black.. :lol:)
Tichy wrote:
Wait! Never thought anyone to do a Culture OXP, that transform some anarchy system in a pacific place with orbitals, enormous ships and so on? Some kind of Finally_we_made_it-anarchies.oxp :D
As a matter of fact, yes, I have.. in fact, the ships in Smivs' Aliens OXP were originally commissioned by me for a revamping of the Anarchy systems.. although not along Culture lines..

(I do kinda like the idea of Orbitals.. although I suspect the computers of most of us lack the power to really do one justice..)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Anarchies facelift oxp 0.4

Post by spara »

New (final?) version (0.4). And let it be released.

Take at least one Python, one Imperial Courier, one Mamba and a sledge hammer. As a result you get at least one Phoenix. To finalize the Griffification of this oxp, I have taken Griff's Mamba and Python texture and created a Phoenix skin out of them. Now it looks like a frankenship it was meant to be :D. The picture in the first post is updated.

* Reskinned Phoenix with Griff's textures.
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

I like how it came out. It's not so frankensteinish. :)

Do you plan to do some other facelift?
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Good stuff. Downloading. Thanks.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Tichy wrote:
I like how it came out. It's not so frankensteinish. :)
Thanks. I tried to make it look like a frankenship. The front of a Phoenix is made of pieces of Mamba, butt is made of pieces of Python and the rotating motors are extracted from Imperial Courier.
Tichy wrote:
Do you plan to do some other facelift?
Now that you asked... I would love to upgrade Random Hits with up to date detailed ships, but that's quite a big project to do as it requires more than only switching models to more detailed ones. In addition of switching models, it requires changing some of the ships and that means choosing the right substitutes to keep the balance. It also requires some hacking of the scripts.

I'll be away for a couple of weeks, so that project has to wait for a while. But after that, if LittleBear, the author of Random Hits, has nothing against it, I would like to give it a shot.