Problem with "The Feudal States"

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Problem with "The Feudal States"

Post by davcefai »

Like Britney Spears, "Ooops I did it again".

If, at a Royal Hunting Lodge, I accept a challenge, place my bet and then instead of "Enter" I press F1 to launch there is no opponent waiting and I cannot recover from the error. When I reenter the Lodge and press F8 I get a trading screen. At other Lodges I also get a trading screen and have to edit my save file to sort out the mess. (I hate doing this)

Is there a fix or is having to edit the save file my punishment for the error?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Problem with "The Feudal States"

Post by Commander McLane »

As this is a potential problem for many, many OXPs, I'd like to ask: what speaks against disabling F1 when on a mission screen? Alternatively, if the devs don't want to disable it generally, could we get a scripting option to disable F1?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Commander McLane wrote:
As this is a potential problem for many, many OXPs, I'd like to ask: what speaks against disabling F1 when on a mission screen? Alternatively, if the devs don't want to disable it generally, could we get a scripting option to disable F1?
Disabling F1 wouldn't solve the problem entirely, as you could also be force-launched from the station if it was destroyed, or by another script calling player.ship.launch() (or by running an unsafe mission screen, but that would fairly clearly be a bug in the other OXP).

I don't see any obvious reason why a mission screen which doesn't let you switch to other F-key screens shouldn't also stop you launching, but others may know more than me here.
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

Wouldn't a possible solution be for the OXP to "notice" that there is a duel pending, and restore that?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I guess the problem is that the duel isn't pending yet. The variables necessary for that are only set after you select an option and press RETURN.

The specific problem should be solvable by editing your save-file, but I can't give you the necessary instructions for that.
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

I can edit the save file, that's not a real problem.

As far as I can tell the variables ARE set - they have been written to the save file! Unfortunately the reaction of the OXP to the variables is to do nothing and turn the lodge - and other ones - into a "normal" station.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

What I meant is that you have to cancel the correct variables (or reset them to the state they had before you docked with the lodge). This would undo your accident and make the same mission screen and offer available again the next time when you dock.

Unfortunately, I don't know which variables have to be set to which values in order to achieve that. You'll have to wait either for Ramirez or for somebody who knows more about the inner workings of the Feudal States OXP than I do.