Texture problem or are they cloaked?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Rekker
Average
Average

Texture problem or are they cloaked?

Post by Rekker »

Afternoon ladies and gents, cracking game, round of applause to all involved.

Running v1.77

Recently had an issue with coming across ships just black, no texture.
Does this mean I've cocked up the texture files somewhere or am I starting to come acros cloaked ships? As I've never seen one in elite or oolite don't know what to expect.

Only thing I've done was idiotically have both Griff_shipset_replace AND Griff_shipset_addition in add ons at the same time. It started happening after I removed the ship set replace folder (I think.)
Will do a bit of tinkering and see if putting it back solves the prob.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Texture problem or are they cloaked?

Post by Cody »

Sounds like a texture problem (probably with the Griff sets, as you surmise), as cloaked ships aren't black - and welcome aboard.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Rekker
Average
Average

Post by Rekker »

Cheers! 8)

Found out whats missing, plus 'keyboardcobra' is having issues,

16:37:32.406 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
16:37:33.265 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/keyboardCobra_v1.2.oxp/Config/shipdata-overrides.plist as a property list.
Parse failed at line 152 (char 5636) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
16:37:33.281 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: factions-jaeger, factions-korvette, factions-zerstorer
16:37:33.296 [shipData.load.warning.badFlasher]: ----- WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 5). This flasher will be ignored.
16:37:33.296 [shipData.load.warning.badFlasher]: ----- WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 6). This flasher will be ignored.
16:37:33.296 [shipData.load.warning.badFlasher]: ----- WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 6). This flasher will be ignored.
16:37:34.109 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "ds-alt-buoy" specifies non-existent model "buoy_nav.dat".
16:37:34.671 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "dock-factory" specifies non-existent model "comfactory_dock.dat".
16:37:35.421 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "ds-alt-ferdelance" specifies non-existent model "ferdelance_redux1.dat".
16:37:35.671 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "ds-alt-cobra3-alternate" specifies non-existent model "cobra3_redux2.dat".
16:37:41.609 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Missile_DS.png".
16:37:42.046 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Moray_Medic_DS.png".
16:37:42.140 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Missile_DS.png".
16:37:42.890 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Gecko_DS.png".
16:37:43.046 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Sidewinder_DS.png".
16:37:43.125 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Mamba1_DS.png".
16:37:43.218 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Asp_DS.png".
16:37:43.234 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Python_PirateDS.png".
16:37:43.250 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Krait_DS.png".
16:37:43.265 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "CobraMK3_DS_Pirate.png".
16:37:43.328 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "CobraMK3_DS_Pirate.png".
16:37:43.375 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Boa2_DS.png".
16:37:43.406 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Sidewinder_DS.png".
16:37:43.406 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Mamba1_DS.png".
16:37:43.406 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Mamba1_DS.png".
16:37:43.421 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Asp_DS.png".
16:37:43.843 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Rock_DS.png".
16:37:44.812 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Rock_DS.png".
16:37:45.765 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "NavBuoy_DS.png".
16:38:18.953 [files.notFound]: ----- WARNING: Could not find texture file "Shuttle_DS.png".
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Hi Rekker, and welcome,
Yes it sounds like a texture problem - in vanilla Oolite (no OXPs) there is only one cloaked ship and you will know it when you see it (or not if you see what I mean!).
Having both replace and addition ship sets shouldn't matter as only one will actually be working as far as I know, so that won't cause any problems in itself.
It might help if you can post your latest log here - just c&p it between 'code' tags which you'll find above the text input field.

Aha! One jump ahead - I like that! :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody

Post by Cody »

That looks like Deepspace's shipset is causing trouble.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Rekker
Average
Average

Post by Rekker »

It seems that the Deepspace shipset [Addition] pack was missing all the models and textures.
Just copied and pasted from the replace pack and will see what happens, log seems happy but will see in game.

Still issues with:

20:14:55.171 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
20:14:56.250 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/keyboardCobra_v1.2.oxp/Config/shipdata-overrides.plist as a property list.
Parse failed at line 152 (char 5636) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
20:14:56.281 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: factions-jaeger, factions-korvette, factions-zerstorer
20:14:56.296 [shipData.load.warning.badFlasher]: ----- WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 5). This flasher will be ignored.
20:14:56.296 [shipData.load.warning.badFlasher]: ----- WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 6). This flasher will be ignored.
20:14:56.296 [shipData.load.warning.badFlasher]: ----- WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 6). This flasher will be ignored.
20:14:57.359 [shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "dock-factory" specifies non-existent model "comfactory_dock.dat".

Thanks for your input thus far guys :wink:
Commander Rekker at your service.
Cobra MK III 'Star Monkey'
Hermit, Visionary, Heretic and Alchemist.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Regarding your other log errors the KeyboardCobra appears to have a missing character in the plist. It is strange that nobody else has reported this, but some computers and O/S's are fussier than others - are you using a Mac?
Open the shipdata.plist in a text editor (NOT Windows notepad though as that breaks things :( ) and find line 152. The error will be there or above that line, and is probably a missing semi-colon ( ; ) at the end of a line.
I can't help much with the others I'm afraid as I'm not sure what OXPs they refer to. The broken flasher definitions are not too important - they just mean a single flasher is not working so it's a cosmetic detail.
The like_ship issue could have several possible causes and is more significant as it may mean ships which should be spawned are not appearing.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Smivs wrote:
The like_ship issue could have several possible causes and is more significant as it may mean ships which should be spawned are not appearing.
Looks most likely that Factions OXP is installed but Feudal States OXP is not, and Factions isn't handling this case properly. I don't know the Factions OXP well enough to know if this is actually a problem beyond the error messages, though.
Rekker
Average
Average

Post by Rekker »

Smivs wrote:
find line 152. The error will be there or above that line, and is probably a missing semi-colon ( ; ) at the end of a line.
Spot on, basically the rest of them were missing through to the end.
cim wrote:
Looks most likely that Factions OXP is installed but Feudal States OXP is not, and Factions isn't handling this case properly. I don't know the Factions OXP well enough to know if this is actually a problem beyond the error messages, though.
Feudal States was indeed not, now rectified, will see if that helps [edit] < It did :D

You are scholars and gentlemen, one and all :D
Last edited by Rekker on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rekker
Average
Average

Post by Rekker »

Smivs wrote:
are you using a Mac?
No, just a lowly PC :wink:
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Rekker wrote:
Smivs wrote:
are you using a Mac?
No, just a lowly PC :wink:
I only asked as Macs seem more sensitive to poor/incorrect code. As I said above it is strange that this has not been reported before as far as I know.
Rekker
Average
Average

Post by Rekker »

:mrgreen: no harm done
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Code: Select all

WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 6).
This is a bug in the original Commies.oxp that is fixed years ago. Either you have a very old version, or another oxp puts the original data in his oxp.
Rekker
Average
Average

Post by Rekker »

Eric Walch wrote:

Code: Select all

WARNING: the shipdata.plist entry "comlimesc" has a broken flasher definition (should have 8 tokens, has 6).
This is a bug in the original Commies.oxp that is fixed years ago. Either you have a very old version, or another oxp puts the original data in his oxp.
Thank you!

As you were gentlemen.
Happy travels.