Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

NigelJK
Deadly
Deadly

Re: For Us Geeks

Post by NigelJK »

How very odd.
A few years ago it was common knowledge that Mr Gates was convicted of Copyright infringement, given a $75,000 fine but was NOT told to cease and desist.

Now it seems history has been rewritten (by the victors?), and Mr Gate's bought the rights legitimately for $50,000. Odd when the rights could not possibly have been for sale as there was a large 'NOT for commercial use' clause. It was (perhaps the first) piece of open source code available to the public.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Eric posted an image from xkcd.com in the voyager thread, and browsing around, I found this one:

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: - absolutely hysterical - thanks for turning me onto the site Eric - I think it's going to provide plenty o' laughs :D.
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
NigelJK
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NigelJK »

I've started reading them from the start (hence my post in the Buzz thread). Did you know that if you hover over them there is additional 'information' to be had?
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

NigelJK wrote:
I've started reading them from the start (hence my post in the Buzz thread). Did you know that if you hover over them there is additional 'information' to be had?
:shock: - I did not indeed! - I'll have to check it out, as well as your post :).

Edit: LOL - the 'info.' for the Buzz Aldrin comic is great!
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'